Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Jalopy Showdown Drags/Lyndwood Dragsters!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 11, 2012.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

My head is about to pop off getting ready for the Showdown next week but HAD to post this!
    I just got off the phone with Bob Bilbow & have confirmed that we will be doing a Lyndwood Dragster get together at the Jalopy Showdown Drags Sept. 29th 2012. Bob figures at this point we will have 10! Lyndwood dragsters & the possibility of more. There will be track time for the guys that want to run theirs. If you have a Lyndwood that you would like to bring to the show or need info, you can contact Bob Bilbow at his shop # 570-823-0049.
    Not that we'll need it BUT, we also have a rain date for the show this year!
    We also have a group of altered wheelbase guys wanting to run a class at the show, more later. Back to the Showdown & Invitational!!!!!

2. Damn Larry, you're a busy man.
    Keep up the good work.

3. For more, see Lyndwood Eliminators social group here.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

"Alley Oop" never had a factory trailer, is Bob still making them? Car last ran in 1962, would be nice to have it up and running 50 years later. Bob

Attached Files:

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

Your name came up in our conversation...YOU need to be there with the car running or not!!

7. HOT DAMN!!!!... Can you Bring a Chassis Research Dragster???

Attached Files:

8. LynWeldCo, as it's known today, is not making any hot rod items but Bob may have the plans.

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

please!!

10. Just funnin.... Of course we will bring it!

11. Last year we had seven Lyndwoods @ York reunion, let's beat that #.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

For my fantasy to come true I think it would start with $2,000. total falling out of the shy by September first. Have the ALGON drive gears made, assemble the SBC, polish the 5 Spokes, buy the Firestone slicks and tubes from Coker, put the Caddy/LaSalle trans back together, wheel cylinders and shoes. Find the long lost MOON tank and have a repo made, make caps for the front wheels, they aren't Lyndwood caps after all. Have "Alley Oop" painted on the back and its fuinished, and ready for Larry's event. Then it gets stored at a Crew Members place in Hummelstown until it gets shown at Hershey in October. Rebuild my trailer and find something to haul the thing with are other details I need to iron out. Bob:(

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

Or just put it together enough that everyone can see it there!

14. Verminator

Verminator

Hey Bob,
    Look how easy that was !!!! :D a little editing !!!
    The Jalopy Showdown Drags at the Beaver is such an awesome event and there are more cool cars showing up every year. Great track, Great people, lotsa showin, and non stop Go Go Goin' !!!! It will be so worth the frazzle getting there. I'll help ya with the details and you can follow us out !!!

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

My first time at LA Roadster Show isn't going to happen this year either, maybe I need to foucs on something closer to home. Think I'll start a "Finish the Lyndwood' thread later today, I somehow feel motivated. Bob...............Never mind, I just added to the Finish by 2009 thread..... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326382

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  16. Algon

Algon

Bob,
    You have posted a few times now about the spud so I will publically make you the same offer as before. I will gladly return your aircraft pump for the Algon cam spud I traded you at your request that isn't good enough. I will also buy back my cam spud or you may buy back your pump just as before if you like.

If you'd rather keep it for protyping your modern precision version so be it but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the original you got from me. Call me what you like but I'd enjoy dealing with someone half as fair for a change.

Another thing that will fix your problem in short order if it may help you is that the spring loaded hardened drive shaft of the aircraft fuel pump can be ground into a common hex or a simple keyed shaft by any precision grinding shop for significantly less investment than machining an eleven spline drive coupler. This will then allow a common Hilborn or Enderle style spud to be used and put you a little closer. Goodluck either way.

, Dan

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I forget were I left the discussion on the new ALGON gear, I needed give the shop some money down that I didn't have at the time. NOS pump deseves a new mating gear IMO. I think this restoration is taking so long because I want things right. A degreased 283 with a fresh coat of paint would have had it done years ago, but I wouldn't have felt right about it. Bob

18. the shadow

the shadow

bob,
    dennis from obrian truckers (59buickwagon on here) is reproducing the lyndwood hub caps for the original HD VL wheels off of an original that big daddy had & is loaning to him to make the molds etc. they should be done real soon!
    paul

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hi Paul, I've never figued out what the caps were on my car. They are tapered, like a Dixie cup. I could have Dennis cast some if I make a mold or have two machined out of a chunk of aluminum. Either way two originals will turn up on eBay for short money the week after I have them made. Bob

Attached Files:

20. the shadow

the shadow

yeah they do not look like the lyndwood ones, like you said "a dixie cup"!LOL

21. Sounds to me like the man said "works in progress are welcome."

22. scarylarry

scarylarry

For sure...but passes on the track are always better!!!

23. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC