Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ***2012 Annual Mid-West HAMB-B-Q April 21st***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NoSurf, Feb 2, 2012.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

too friggin kool! Safe travels!

2. Who's bringin' the moist towelette's???:D

3. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Hey what time should I expect ya in the Gypsum area? I thought I read 8am start time somewhere but I don't see it now.

4. Just got the BAKED BEANS all stirred together. Will put them in the oven in the morning before heading out to Kerry's. I know that it is now 3 in the morning, yet I probably won't sleep at all, just thinking about that pork shoulder that Jay has all cooked up for us! I had a great time Friday night over at NoSurf's with some of the Hambers that already had shown up for the event. KCMongo showed up pulling his car trailer loaded with some wild looking "engine picker - looking" device securely tied down. There will be more about this DEVICE later on in this thread, I am sure.

5. zach

zach
    from NE KS

[​IMG]
    And we're off!

6. What a great BBQ BASH!!!
    Thanks Jay & Sweet ladies!!

We're in Colby, 1/2 way home

On the road with TJJ on iPhone

Attached Files:

7. Nice "Coupe" Photo... :)==-

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Damn I'm still on my couch watching movies...I'm a slacker. Good to see ya again, safe travels!

9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

what a weekend... one thing I want to know.. how fast can a 32 coupe with a worn out flathead go??? Well, I dont know the answer but I do know that I can drive 4 hours with the throttle on the floor and not get passed but also drive by a 2 state patrols and not have them even look at me. The head wind probably had a little to do with it..

10. ^^^ my hero! Soooo bummed I had to miss this year. Bring on the pics!

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

and...nobody brought a camera...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

sheesh. can't trust any of you to take a decent photo?

13. Had a blast! Thanks Jay for having us again!!!

14. NoSurf

NoSurf

Wow, What a great time. Thank you everyone for coming over, helping out, and just being great people.

Here's a few pics Mrs NoSurf took:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Awesome time, THANK YOU Jay and Sweet family.

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks for a great trip Jay and I had a blast hanging out with everyone. I'll get my cameras out and see if I took anything worth posting.

17. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Jay did it again, telling us it's a BBQ but really putting on one of the best HAMB family reunions. Don't know how he does it, tricking us with taunts of a car show or driving tour but it's neither. Somehow this guy finds a way to get a spectacular group of people together who share a common interest and make us all feel like family (well the good ones, not those weird cousins our mom always spoke about). Then the guy gets a talented bluegrass band, plays great movies and keeps the feeding us while introducing a catapult and flying milk jugs. Not enough? Throw in country breakfast on the grill, an amazing tiny house trailer and kids building childhood memories.

Yet again he smiles the entire time and never asks for a dime, amazing. Even gets kerry to open his place and folks to volunteer.
    Too good to be true? Maybe, but have to see for yourself.

I think I speak for us all... you, your wonderful wife, family and friends create a bonding place for us. Thank you so much for opening your home and personal lives.

Thank you sir.

NoSurf likes this.
  18. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Ohh yea, that little truck made it there and back without a single incident. Perfect route and weather. 2muchstuff thank you so much for the drive, really set my mind at ease.

Mongo and Robin, no clue how you will top this years "guess what I'm bringing on the trailer" surprise.

NoSurf likes this.
  19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

awesome. i hope i can "come home" to this someday.

20. Greezy

Greezy

I had a great time as usual, thank you Sweet family. And thank you to Kerry and his wife for openeing up their place and feeding us Saturday morning. Yup Chris you do.

21. Another great BBQ in Abilene! When my boy Gus found out we were going he decided he wanted to go too. I thought he might like to hang out with all the other kids but I think he was a little intimidated by the pretty girls his age so he spent most of his time with the big guys. We're all about the same maturity level so it worked out!:D This was also the maiden voyage of our tiny house wagon so it was extra exciting.

The band was great!

[​IMG]

We arrived!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess who decided to save his allowance for a banger speedster? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My personal favorite, Chris' A pickup.. everything is just right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jay makes a mean egg sandwich.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Halfway home...

[​IMG]

22. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

Looks like it was a great time! I hope I can join in next go around

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Oh man I forgot to get a plaque!

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Okay here's a couple of quick snapshots from the day, there's more if you click on any of the photos.

At one point Jay had mentioned possibly cutting the route with a 1 mile dirt shortcut near my house and just south of Gypsum. I decided that I'd go there and wait for everyone to come by then join the convoy. After doing some Rosco P. Coltrane type looking around I decide to park the car off to the side of the road and set up the video cameras to catch everyone coming across this small creek bridge. (hopefully my site updates soon and the watermarks disappear, sorry they go on by default)

[​IMG]

The Galaxie as a camera car...

[​IMG]

Turns out due to SOMEBODY'S Mustang the decision was made to stay on the blacktop instead... so I picked up my camera gear and made my way over to the highway just in time to catch everyone going by.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We made our way down to Kerry's for some great breakfast, thanks for opening up your place and thanks to you and the Mrs. for the good grub!

This looks like it could be fun...
    [​IMG]

I took a few cellphone shots of the Cosmosphere, here's just one outside, click it to see the rest, they're not really hot rod or kustom related so I'll keep it to just this one.

[​IMG]

Then back to Jay's place for some incredible BBQ, some great live bluegrass and playtime with a trebuchet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do have some video clips but I have not brought them into the computer yet, if they're worth sharing I'll add them to this gallery and post them here.

Thanks again to NoSurf and family and everyone involved in putting this kool event together.

T

25. Looks like it was out loss for not making the trip south. SentinelT and I did however get some much needed work done on the homestead.

26. Sorry about cutting our conversation short Trent. Cell went dead. :-/

27. Sure, I know where I stand!:D

Who pussed out ove a mile of gravel in a late model Moostang?:rolleyes:

28. Greezy

Greezy

I think that decision was made by the leader of the caravan since the Mustang was in the back and had no freaking idea where we were going.

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Bwahahahahaha I laughed out loud at that. Sorry, I just HAD to include that in my story hahaha.

30. NoSurf

NoSurf

HAHA. I guess I was still feelin bad about him grading my driveway with the front air dam of the Shelby. LOL.

If I had known you had set up Trav- We coulda sent some boys thru. Next time!!!