Register now to get rid of these ads!

200r4 questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorkeith, Jun 5, 2009.

1. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

the car I bought for my rod already had a 350 and 700r4...so I thought. I just got working on freshening up the tranny and installing the shifter. turns out I have a 200r4 instead. I'm running a fairly stock rebuilt 350 with intake,carb headers and a dual exhaust...very mild upgrades. the rear end is a 92 firebird posi with 3:23's. i am not familiar with the 200r4, so any thoughts, opinions or ideas or any things to watch out for would be great

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I wouldn't sweat it behind that motor, if you're worried or anything.

3. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

I prerfer the 200r because it has a better ratio set up. Its more like a turbo 350. Same lenght allso. The 700r is longer and the first to 2nd gear is a big jump I think first is 3.07 to one and second is 2,50 there is lots of trans sites with the correct info. If you dont have a lot of hp then 200r is good to go. They say that the 200r doesnt like a lot of torque.

4. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

200 are a great trans run them in my Grand national good for 400hp some upgrades avalible but if its working dont bother with them if not u can check carl rossler trans for parts mainly a clutch basket and inputshart he did my trans and ran in the low 12's on it for a long time.

5. Been running them for years. As long as you don't have 400 H.P. or 400 pounds or torque you should be good to go. The gearing in them is actually better than a 700R, smaller gap in gearing between 1st and 2nd. I would'nt think twice about running it. My $.002 worth

6. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

200r is a good tranny, I used to work in a tranny shop and we rarely had them compared to anything else. If you are really scared ya, you can change it, but i would not worry about it unless something is broken.

7. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

thanks for the quick responce. seeing how I have it and it's already in, I think I'll run it. thanks again