Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 200 MPH 32 Ford roadster w/ blown hemi "video"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by corndog, Nov 2, 2014.

1. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Cleat, Dirty Dug and Texas Webb like this.
  2. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

3. WOW!! What a piece of american hot rod history! Amazing .

seb fontana likes this.
  4. JimSibley

JimSibley

Wow. He wins. All of the history junkies can stop trying. Badass

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

seb fontana and milwscruffy like this.

5. now that is the real deal folks.
    and a ton of respect given by the new owner

seb fontana likes this.
  6. BigKel

BigKel

Wow, some nice 32 stuff on here the last couple of days. That sounded so nice , as he said I would think it would be a handful to drive. Just a great history, very lucky man to own that piece of history.

seb fontana likes this.
  7. My friend Brian has two Lakes Racing Deuce Roadsters from Cali, enjoyed seeing both in Wisconsin

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Well if he ran it at Bonneville in 1946, he was the only guy there. Speedweek began in 1949. I only watched the first little bit of the video. I'll watch the whole thing later, maybe.

Stan Back, Atwater Mike and Todd553 like this.
  9. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Now that was a wonderful interview and a very cool car.

10. greazy john

greazy john

cool ride,i would drive it,just tell everybody to stay clear.............don't know about dates on the salt though.

11. Really interesting story and truly amazing, the "neuron growing" car.

12. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Some stuff just does not seem right in this video. It will be interesting to find more information about this car. I bet someone knows more details. The time line and some statements do not seem to match the history of dry lake racing. However, I am not an authority, so who am I to doubt someone when I can not prove them wrong.

John

Todd553 likes this.
  13. banjorear

banjorear

Could he be confusing one of the dry lakes v. Bonneville? Neat car and did come with some history which is awesome.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  14. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

Looping at 200 mph with the loud pedal depressed would take some serious stones!

15. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It's a neat car. I would be very surprised if it would come anywhere close to 200 as set up now. I first went to Bonneville in '66. The car as pictured was not legal safety wise, but that stuff can come and go. The story about putting enough fuel in it to go 5 miles and then run out and the floor it when you spin and wait to run out of gas is pure bull stuff. Never happen. When I get to the finish, I get out of the gas and maybe pop the chute, or not, and let it coast down. Then use the brakes. Never rolled one yet. Never spun one, but people I know have and they hit the fuel shut off and head for the basement. They don't punch it. That's just bull all over the place.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  16. Thanx Corndog,really great story/history.

17. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This is my car, same one as in my avatar, as it looked in 1958 at Bonneville. At least it had a roll bar. And a fuel shut off. bwgreen.jpg I think this guy just has a some what plausible story to go with the car. But he doesn't really expect you to believe it. bwgreen.jpg

18. Check out the video.

The roadster was originally owned by Jack Kukura. HRP

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. frank spittle

frank spittle

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

very cool car and story, sounds like the guy is in a little over his head. if the brakes suck and the steering is screwy he should take it somewhere to get that stuff fixed

seb fontana and MBog like this.
  21. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True blue history piece, love it! Thanks for posting it. I agree a little tweeking is needed on the mechanic's...

seb fontana likes this.
  22. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

23. Very interesting story, killer car. I can't refute the claim but I only wish there had been more of the car and less of the interview. Tim

Atwater Mike likes this.
  24. Loved the video.
    Thanks

25. Incredible car and story. Imagine spinning in that thing at 200mph and flooring it to run out of methane!

Too bad it was street rodded with those disc brakes :)

26. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

I dont really know... but I would guess he is only repeating what he has been told. He says in the video that he is primarily a restorer and this is the first hot rod he ever had. I noticed that it has two Carter AFB carbs on it and it seems those would not be period-correct? Still an interesting car and story.

27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

You guys are so gullible. Do you really believe people run their cars at Bonneville until they run out of gas? Wouldn't it seem better to hit the ignition switch and fuel shut off? Kick in the clutch if you have one. Bonneville started in '49. So this guy would have been very lonely running his car in '46. It's a story. Not real.

28. wvenfield

wvenfield

The only way that car hits 200 is out of an airplane on the way down. NVM.......I didn't realize it had 46 Ford hubcaps on it. That probably did it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Here is another picture of my roadster as it looked in the early 70s. I have all the pictures of it's evolution from the '58 picture to the current blue car on the left. So now is it a exceptional piece of Hot Rod history? Or do i need an unbelievable, easily disproved, story to go with it? I can'r believe people want to believe this kind of stuff. DSC01254.jpg

Stogy, kidcampbell71, ottoman and 2 others like this.