Register now to get rid of these ads!

200 4r,,,,???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50styleline, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 50styleline

50styleline

The first one was a BOP-(Buick,Olds,Pontiac). There was a a different one with multiple bolt patterns that matched Buick and Chevy, but mine wasn't that one

2. Make sure you get the throttle valve cable worked out correctly with your carb linkage or you can burn up a trans in a hurry.

3. Kansas Old School

Kansas Old School
    from Kansas

Doesnt a turbo 350 have a vacuum modulator? They make a turbo 250 and a turbo 200. I believe the 200 has a band adjustment on the side of the case. I think you have a turbo 250 trans. All would have the same pan.

4. 50styleline

50styleline

I need to post a pic of the 2nd one that was traded for. Will attempt in the a.m.

5. yes the turbo 350 and 400's both have vacuum modulators

6. Guys I don't have any way to draw a pic on my computer and my scanner only works when it feels like it.

If someone wants to post a pic of a 200 4r with the pan and filter removed, I'll walk you through the wiring.
    Just trying to save you guys a few bucks (more than a few , actually)

The T250 is a light duty replacement for the PG...It has an intermediate band , rather than clutches, ..light guage, windowed sun gear shell, and a hollow output shaft . I wouldn't use one except for the factory lightened parts, if you're building a racing T350.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. 50styleline

50styleline

The one that I traded into is metric. Does that change my situation much? Not been able to read a lot of positives on the metric ones.

8. All the 200 and 200 4 R and 700 R4 's are metric..It still bolts up the same, but the converter bolts are metric also . Make sure the 10 mm bolts slip through the flex plate holes before you bolt everything up.
    You can use a standard replacement rear mount that has the slotted holes.
    Really not a problem ..You just need some of those "foreign" wrenches and sockets.

9. 50styleline

50styleline

Yeah, I got some of THEM tools. seems like you cannot buy a decent set nowadays without having to get both. What I was really wondering about is the reliability of what I got.

10. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a quick check withoug rolling over the trans is to look at the tailhousing. 200 has a one piece case. t350 has a bolt on tailhousing.