Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 200-4R Pin Out Diagram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345 DeSoto, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Can anyone provide me with a diagram of which wire goes to where in the plug that goes into the drivers side of a NON ECM 200-4R? Thanks, guys...

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. squirrel

squirrel

I would pull the pan and look....I don't know about the 200, but the 700 was wired in a whole bunch of different ways, depending on which car/which year/which engine/which whatever it was installed in.

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

I didn't use the plug on mine.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You got that right. Some lock up in more than just 4th.

Then you are turning your engine faster than you need to, burning fuel to make heat, and heating the transmission for no reason, but if that's your thing....

6. Correct..Some use 4th gear only , case grounding system. Some will ground via the computer. All you need is a 2 prong, n/o sender, and one wire , to the upper left connector. Or you can use a one wire, self grounding sender.
    Go to Transtar , ask for a 30 psi , n/o 2 lug connector. Put it in the 4th gear port on v/b, Ground one lug, 12v power the other one in 4th gear.
    You can check those senders with regulated air and a test light.
    2nd and 3rd ports have them too, on some models. You don't want that without a computer.

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

I still have a lockup convertor, but it is done on pressure, not electronically. I also have a extra deep pan and a cooler.

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oooh! How's that work? I want one!

I am setting up a TH325-4l (which is mostly a 2004R), and I wonder if I can use it there.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Is this a serious request or a jab? If you are serious, I can talk to my transmission guy.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, seriously. I am loading the 6061 into the mill right now to build an adapter to put a 354 on a Th325-4l (and no, it ain't going in the front):

Attached Files:

squirrel likes this.
  11. Roothawg

Roothawg

He has done several for me. They work well, I haven't had an issue. Overdrive is such a game changer.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's why my Falcon has two.

13. Sorry, I just realized I was not clear on this. The 12 V wire comes from the L/U solenoid after passing through it from the case plug.
    I failed to mention the lock up solenoid.
    Thanks