Register now to get rid of these ads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silent rick, Oct 5, 2012.

1. silent rick

silent rick

the hamb will celebrate it's 200,000th member sometime this weekend. i remember it took forever to reach 10,000, heck even the first 100,000 happened less than three years ago. the hamb is growing exponentially. next month marks my ten year anniversery. i joined after attending the first hunnert car pileup and meeting a few of you early guys. i wish i would have joined when i first started lurking. i would have had a three digit member number instead of being member 1022. still, i'm happy to be here.

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Next step is web site self-awareness, then Skynet then.................

But hell, a world run by hotrods? I'm in!

Doc.

P.S. I showed up late, member 13173.............. I blame the Army for not having computers in the field!

3. I can never remember my member number so every time we have one of these threads I have to post and check my member number.

OK and the number is 1613, someone write that down. :rolleyes:

4. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Thankfully two thirds of them are silent

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

note to self...purchase stock in Hamb now...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Active members are defined by folks that have logged on in the last two weeks. That number is closer to 55,000. Which is pretty good.

More interesting? Only about 18% of our regular traffic is even registered.

Lurkers are everywhere.

7. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

^cool. and creepy. and mind blowing to realize the reach of this place.

8. Anyone noticed that Ryan is member number 3? Someone even beat him too it!

#35 661 here.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

#1350 here.....

10. Ha Ha!

I wondered that myself.

Maybe, like me, when he's behind the wheel everyone tells him he's number 1. [​IMG]

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

so much for the Lone Wolf being a large group. now the big club is the Lurkers....

12. I came along a little late,,and like Rick I joined after lurking for several months,,actually I was scared, the newbies at that time were ripped apart if the intro was not up to the members liking.

After talking to Boones and Deuce Roadster I post what I thought was a pretty good intro but not knowing much about typing or computers the CAPS LOCK was on,,I got raked over the coals.

I have seen a lot of changes to the board since I joined,,a couple of major upgrades and a few panic times when the sheer volume of traffic caused the Hamb to crash.

Ryan, in my personal opinion has built the best site on the internet.

BTW,,I have gotten much more than I have given from this site and I suspect most of us have,,I've learn from many of you,,I've laughed with you guys,,I've even shed a few tears with your losses.

We are a huge group of like minded people that enjoy this site,,please help support the site and join the Alliance.

HRP,,member #1182

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  13. Ha I didn't even figure the intro thing out for a couple of months. By then everyone had probably already tore me a new one but I didn't notice. :eek:

14. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Yea,i hung out on here around '01 or so, and it was a lot different, it's been evolving a lot every year though, not only on the site, but also the rod and custom scene around it, and i know firsthand some of that has been driven by this forum

15. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

54,129 here. Joined in april 2008. This site drives the hobby. Cars are nicer, better built as a result.

16. man i feel like an old timer now
    on here every day
    i'll take 100 shares
    tk

17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found out about it while searching something else. Hell I didn't even have decent 'net access until a year before I joined. I had webtv for following snowmobile sites and participation was a bitch. I thought it was a decent sized group when I got in, but that was before all the social media came into vogue, none of which I have or want.

18. A few day's ago I was removing names from my friends list, those that hadn't logged on in 6 months or more, and got to wondering how many "active" members there actually were. Now, I know! Thanks Ryan. What percentage are "Alliance" members, I wonder?

19. Ain't that the truth. At Speedweek this year I was blown away by all the folks that knew ,me, Tim, Tims truck that were not registered and said they lurked

20. dad-bud

dad-bud

I lurked for a couple of years before joining, then waited for months before even trying an intro - didn't know how to even post, so I introduced myself 3 times, I think.
    These days, I spend lots of time reading threads and joining into the fun.
    I still feel like a new guy, but I'm having a go.
    Cheers.

Oh yeah, dunno my number - it's probably plenty.

21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

#5690 While I don't post a whole lot I do a bunch of reading and have learned a great deal.

22. Somebody tell me again how to determine your member number. I used to know but, like many things, have forgotten it. Thanks.

23. Do a mouse over on your name or avitar and then look at the lower left corner of your window. You are 1150

24. Your 1150,,not far ahead of me.

Tom,,,Move your icon over your name and look at the bottom of the page on the left. HRP

25. Meany Beaney beat me to it,,again! :D HRP

26. I lurked for a year, registered, and didn't post for 18 months after that.

27. carmuts

carmuts

Looks like I snuck in abit under 100,000 at 85051 and it sure don't seem that long ago ofr members to be near 200,000. That is pretty fast growth. I wish I could have gotten here early enough to have the same user name as I have on Fordbarn. I see the person that has that user name here has had no activity for over a year. Rod

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I remember one of my first posts was responded back by you Silent Rick saying something negative and assholy. Thanks bud! :D:D:D:D Can't believe it's been 5 years!

29. blown348

blown348
    from Finland

Had to look my numbers, joined 2005, #5415 and only 64posts. But I´m here daily reading and learning.

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

I vaguely remember life before the HAMB, time spent here may have been spent in the shop and I might have a finished project, but I wouldn't have meet all the great people that make the HAMB what it is. Bob #2535