Register now to get rid of these ads!

2.4 Double Overhead Cam GM engine info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dutchtreat, Apr 24, 2008.

1. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

The 2.4 DOHC engine from GM looks a little like an OffY with the coil cover removed. There was a place in Colo. that was reworking them to go into street rods. Can anyone remember the name of the company in Colo. and are they still around? The reason I ask is the neat OffY powered T Artist Drawing that was in the latest Hot Rod got me to thinking about the 2.4 and how it looks like the Offy (with it's coil cover removed).
    Dutch

2. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Quad 4 Rods- Denver

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

4. dutchtreat,

I just picked up a 2.4l Quad4 for a T speedster build. They're very good engines if you take care of them and would be happy to share info with you.

The guys gave you the right info- Quad4rods is the company to deal with, and the owner is a very pleasant guy (there is another place called Mantapart, but they have had ALOT of trouble not filling orders after they've been paid for).