Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1st Annual Tempe Rockabilly Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadillacman 5222, Oct 18, 2011.

1. cadillacman 5222

cadillacman 5222
    from Tucson

Come one come all! Cars, Pin-ups, Rockabilly bands and much more... 1st Annual Tempe Rockabilly Reunion at Tempe Diablo Stadium Oct.28-30 Hosted by The Independents Car Club. 150± Vendors 250± Cars. PBR is bringing the beer and we will provide the fun all you have to do is show up! Hope to see you there!

Attached Files:

2. SO-AZ

SO-AZ
    from Tucson

I hope "El Presidente" wil be signing autographs!!! ;-) See ya there...Cant wait!!

3. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

O.K. I'm dying to ask this but if this is a 1st annual how could it be a Reunion:rolleyes:
    By the way, probably gonna go if this damn heat ever goes away.

4. 46PLYWOOD

46PLYWOOD

I am going; heat or not, that's why the PBR's will be cold. I can't find any info on the car show in regards to registration, days, times, cost, etc. Thanks.

5. I send my application in this week I Will be there on Saturday and Sunday as well should be great.

Frenchy

6. cadillacman 5222

cadillacman 5222
    from Tucson

46plywood go to rockabillyreunion.com look under contact us he will email you a registration if not email me at [email protected] and I will give you the info

7. OLLIN

OLLIN

sounds cool...
    ill be in town that weekend.

8. cadillacman 5222

cadillacman 5222
    from Tucson

Its the 1st in Tempe. The Rockabilly Reunion is in its 4th year in Havasu!

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

The Bomb Squad will be there. Hoping for a good turn out.

10. PRB

PRB
    from Az

wish I'd of seen this earlier...just sent my reg form in...looks good

11. Kerry67

Kerry67

Other than facebook, I have seen no other advertising locally. I hope it is a killer show.

12. Nancy Perry made an announcement here in Phoenix at the KOOL FM car show in regard to the rockabilly show.

Frenchy

13. A really close friend of mine is coming out from LA to play the show so I will be by to see them play. I hope this does not turn out like the F1 race factory show did, it would be cool to see something take off and get big in this town.

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yeah, my wife is a vendor at the show and we have a lot of money tied up in her booth and product so I hope there is a ton of people there.

15. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Hey Kerry,
    What product is she selling? We'll stop by the booth if we know which one it is.
    Frenchy said they are already setting up tents/booths. Might have to work Saturday but trying to wiggle out of it.

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Look for her banner "Von Cherry" vintage and originals....... She makes all kinds of pinup art (frames, purses, etc...) along with some vintage clothes and what not. She is just getting started and this is her first "real" show. She has done a couple smaller shows and does pretty well at our antique biz with the stuff so hopefully she will do ok. Even if you don't buy anything at least stop by and say hi to her. I will be running between her and the cars all day(s) I am sure....

17. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Will do!!:)

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

Cars packed and ready. Lets have a good show !

19. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Stephanie, Mark and I will be rolling out Saturday morning, Looks like it's going to be a nice day see you all out there............

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

Day 2 coming up.......LETS GET SOME CARS OUT THERE !

21. jacobgreen101

jacobgreen101
    from ARIZONA

you know ill be there its my home town .... The panel rat is ready and willing to roll at will

22. The show was great with a lots of nice cars beautiful Pin Up girls all weekend long. The bands were great played a lot of great songs. And a lot of vendors looking forward to their next show in Lake Havasu in February 2012.

Frenchy

23. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Congrats to Frenchy- Best of show. Super Cool Trophy!! Frenchy also won free hotel and tickets for the Lake Havasu event. I wanted that Gretch guitar giveaway!!
    Congrats to the Bomb Squad. Car Club participation. Another way cool trophy!!

Thanks to Freddie of the LBCC for the pics!! Hope you don't mind that I used them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  24. bonesy

bonesy

Way to go Frenchy!

25. Thanks Allen and Bonesy for the compliments. I wanted to go to the Deuce Day but wanted to do something different and I am glad I did. Now looking forward to February show in Lake Havasu. Bonesy I hope you can make it to this show will be way cool we can park together.

Frenchy

26. Kerry67

Kerry67

No surprise to me for Frenchy and Allen on their wins, Both of their cars are amazing. It was also cool for us to win the club award. We just wanted to go hang out and have a good time so that was just a bonus. There were a lot of cool cars, great people, beautiful women all over.
    We welcomed a new member on Saturday and he got his ass spanked by most of the women there as his "Welcome to the Squad". Here is a shot of us (missing 2 members from the photo) with the winner of the Psyco-Billy Pinup on Sunday. Next year will be bigger and better. I hear it is possibly going to be at Tempe Town Lake ???

Attached Files:

27. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

We had a great time at this show, and looking forward to the next one.
    Unfortunatly I didn't get to many pics though, one of my kids must have relieved me of the memory card in my camera. I was bummed out so many nice cars too.

Here's a few of my daughter Stephanie and one of her buddies and roadster she will be running against in the "1/8 th Mile Flag Drop Drags" in two weeks.....

Attached Files: