Register now to get rid of these ads!

1971 Northern Nationals @ Fremont

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Brown-O-, Aug 5, 2009.

1. El Brown-O-

El Brown-O-

I was stationed on Treasure Island in 1971 when the NHRA Norther Nationals were held at Fremont. My memory is that of an old sailor, so I'm hoping there are others out there who can help me reassemble what actually happened that sunny day so long ago. As I remember the deal, the funny car finals had some kind of a problem, so they couldn't run a heads up race.

My memory is that both teams happened to have El Dorado Caddies in the pits, so they decided to race them to settle the winner of the event. I'm thinking Ray Alley was one of the finalist. I can't remember the other. All the photos I shot back then are poor quality from the instant cameras we all had in those days - grainy and no zoom.

I've done web searches trying to find information about that event in hopes of refreshing my memories, but without success. Is there anyone out there with old Dragsters or other resources that would provide information on that particular race?

El Brown-O-

2. El Brown-O-

El Brown-O-

Desperate effort to bring this post back to life. Anyone out there with information about this event?