Register now to get rid of these ads!

1970 Oakland Roadster show trophy info?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evil1, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Any info on the car this trophy was given to?
    [​IMG]

2. alchemy

alchemy

What's it say?

3. blue ribbon award

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. Where did you get it?

5. I picked it up from a guy who buys storage units... It came out of Turlock

6. I'm 99% sure I know what it was for. It was either mine, for a bicycle I built when I was 12, or it was for my asshole Dad's 40 Chevy. Did this come out of Double D Storage? I'd be interested what else the guy bought. Did he buy it from the storage company, or the guy with the storage? I can give you more info if you like. Dean

7. Yes I will pm my number to you

8. [QUOTE=Fat ASS Whitewalls 'm 99% sure I know what it was for. It was either mine, for a bicycle I built when I was 12, or it was for my asshole Dad's 40 Chevy. Did this come out of Double D Storage? I'd be interested what else the guy bought. Did he buy it from the storage company, or the guy with the storage? I can give you more info if you like. Dean

I was there in 1970 and won my class with Best Open. There was a participant's trophy that everyone got, whether you placed or not and it was much bigger. I'm sure this is a special interest trophy. It's really hard for a class win and my trophy was at least twice a big as that one. I gave the trophies away to different friends of mine. Those were the good old days.

" Real Hot Rods don't have fenders. "

9. I believe that one was mine for my bicycle. I called evil1 and we talked. It went to a good home.

10. Yes it was great talking to you Dean and it's amazing how the HAMB can help connect the dots!