Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1963 Buick Skylark Convertible Side and Rear Moldings

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Dmf111062, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Dmf111062

Dmf111062

City: Mount Airy

State: Maryland
    Price: $250
    Some time parts have a story. These do.

In December 2016 during a routine scan, I learned I had a malignant tumor in my gut. Surgery was quickly scheduled for the 9th day of January 2017. It was big deal surgery. Happy New Year. Before the surgery and to take my mind off of it, I dragged a friend to the local pick and pull just to walk around. It was muddy and snowing.

We slogged around the yard and then we saw it. The only interesting thing in the yard; a 1963 Buick Skylark convertible. Red with white interior. It was rough, rusty and full of hay and other assorted crud. It was in somebody's barn for ages and now headed to the crusher. I pulled a set of buckets and all of these moldings. For a while I wasnt thinking about the tumor. Headed home figuring that I would sell these for a few bucks when I got out of the hospital.

Of course it doesnt work out that way. I nearly died from the surgery. Went septic, was in a coma, had last rites. The whole deal. Then for some reason came out of it. Perhaps because I knew I needed to sell these darn things ;) Of course it wasnt as simple as that and these sat around for 4 years.

These are exactly as I pulled them but they arent fully matched, and thats unfortunate. However someone was running these. I believe the stepped moldings are correct because they match the tail panel and the pot metal side moldings. Most are stepped, but there are a few pieces that are peaked. Everything is pictured.

They are average, and pitted and dented. But I'd guess finding a set isnt that easy.

I think to ship these they go in a PVC tube inside a box. Then the carrier can throw them around however they want and you could care less.

I'd like to find a home for these. Kinda hurts to look at them.

Paypal only. Price plus shipping.

Thanks and stay healthy and safe.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020