Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1961 Galaxie build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Oct 17, 2010.

1. dv8

dv8

This car was my buddy Skips (Hotrodhabbit). We all ran it hard at last years Billetproof Drags in Lakeland Fl. Skip got it from a field car to making hot laps at the drags in just two days! It just wouldn't die!

I ended up with it this summer in a three way trade....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a 351 Cleveland and a C-6. It had a two-barrel and some seriously sketchy brakes!

[​IMG]

I decided to hop it up a bit, and do the whole "Super Stock" look that I had originally envisioned a couple of years ago....The car has been passed around and kept turning up "Like a bad penny"...so I decided to name it that!

First me and Tim (MBL) put an aluminum 4-barrel intake and a 600 Edlebrock on it, plus some Mickey Thompson valve covers...

[​IMG]

We also took the opportunity to put the SSBC disc brake kit on the front, and some Torq-Thrust D's. The kit went on real nice, and we didn't have much trouble at all!

Meanwhile...I was busy sanding it down to bare metal, and spreading a little Bondo...no real time to do any of it right, but I was going to paint it with good ol' Rustoleum, so I can easily go back and fix some stuff later, and touch it up with a spray bomb! It's still a beater, but that's what is fun and cool about it I think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sprayed it with my HVLP gun....in the dark after work...in the dirt and grass...under a tree, so I expected the worst the next morning, but surprisingly... no runs...a couple of thin areas, and a small section of blushing on the roof because of how late I painted it, and some kamikaze moths...but all in all, it came out decent!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We didn't get to the headders, or the floor shifter in time, but Hotrodhabbit, 4t64rd, and MBL made it over today to put on the HEI, the 90 degree waterneck to clear it, and the 160 degree thermostat, and 4t64rd lettered it up for me real nice!!!

He didn't get it all done, but he will finish it up next saturday before the drags!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a couple of videos from last year with MBL, and Sweats having a ball in it!

(They are the "Masters and Heath" on the side...they had such a good time, we put that on the car!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAZrmDlDhFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f13cWwpKcr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMZZt4SMrk

The car still isn't fast...but it's fast-er....and it looks cool, and I have very little money into the whole thing...That's what it's all about!

2. My neck is sunburnt and I have red one shot all over my legs...

3. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

not bad for a ford
    sweet

4. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

That car got some serious flogging last year. Seemed like everytime I looked, it was going down the strip with various drivers. The new version turned out great. See you guys next week.

5. boomosby

boomosby

grt car !would like to see more 61 galxie builds, keep it up man

6. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

7. dv8

dv8

Thanks guys!

Yeah it got a workout last year! It should be fun this year as well!

8. Super cool project for little money, looks like it was a blast to fix up and run.

Bob

9. It certainly wasn't the fastest car out there last year, but we damn sure had the most fun. I'm sure this year will be a blast as well, can't wait for Sunday!