Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1961 Buick Special project Mark LaGrou built 215V8

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 77powerwagon, Feb 10, 2015.

1. 77powerwagon

77powerwagon

City: West Chester

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: 8000.00
    Hey Hambers!

Been awhile since I've been around here, life and other interests have occupied my time. That being said it's time to let one of my projects go, for a vehicle of the 2 wheeled variety.
    1961 Buick Special 4 door:
    -body in great shape few small holes in fenders
    -only spot on floor needing work was the passenger side-has been fixed
    -had a collision on right quarter-90-95% done little bondo work left
    -ride tech builder series front and rear bags with 5 gallon tank and viar compressor- not installed
    -trim holes down side of car have been welded up-still have trim with extra pieces
    -PO shaved rear doors to give it the appearance of a 2 door, don't think it will fool anybody
    -both front and rear emblems were welded up as well
    215 aluminum V8:
    Mark LaGrou built one of the last guys doing these motors with a great reputation
    -Bored .010
    -Custom Egge pistons
    -New balanced crank with custom machined light weight pulley
    -Crower cam pretty aggressive but not a race cam, will idle at stoplight
    -Larger 215 V6 valves fitted to heads with cc work
    -Edlebrock intake manifold
    -Billet rocker shaft stands, used to prevent flexing of rocker shaft at higher rpms
    -Offenhauser valve covers, machined flat on gasket surface. No leaks from these!
    -Edlebrock Carb- has been worked over by Mark for snappy throttle response
    -Land Rover valve cover has noise reducing material on it to quiet engine noise a bit
    -High flow oil pump
    -High flow water pump with custom machined light weight pulley to match the crank pulley
    -Electronic ingnition with a custom wire set made by Mark
    -Oil pan was put back in orignial die to straighten it out, powder coated wrinkle black
    -fitted with a hybrid pressure plate and clutch z-28 flywheel and pressure plate with T-5 mustang clutch disk.
    -ARP hardware for the heads and crank mains
    -Mark has estimated this motor be making around 255-260hp with close to the same for Tq. I was going to have Mark dyno the motor, but he told me don't waste my money. He said he's built plenty to get in the ballpark for an estimate. Who knows might make a bit more, he seemed to be conservative with his estimate.

Mark of D&D Fabrication did all work to engine and did the break in for me, its ready to roll. Turnkey including new motor mounts. Since I've gotten the motor back it has been store in a climate controlled warehouse my father owns, it has been turned over by hand every couple of weeks for good measure. The price listed mostly reflects the motor cost, I would be willing to separate for the proper price. Could be a bad motor in a hotrod!!
    I will post pics later or if you'd like them sooner shoot me an email at [email protected]

2. 77powerwagon

77powerwagon