Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 2-door ranch wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65notch, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Judd

Judd

One trouble with the tire wheel combo on the yellow car on a daily driver is the first good pot hole or curb you hit you'll be setting on the road looking for a tire and wheel.

2. Great find, I've been into cars all my life and I don't remember ever seein' one? Your 2 dr. sedan was killer!

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Del told me he finally sold that car- glad it's finally going to see the road again!

4. 62rebel

62rebel

"let me explain"..... what does that say? you want to use something you like but realize it doesn't "fit in" with the traditional look.
    Americans, maybe, but 15" and lots of rubber. just sayin'.

what are the actual production numbers for that body style? i've SELDOM seen a fullsize Ford 2dr wagon past '57.....

5. Wayne C.

Wayne C.

I guess the next time you post "your plans" for YOUR CAR, you are going to have to say, motor = what you guys like, color = something you guys approve, wheels and tires = something acceptable to the group, etc.
    Whatever happened to your car, your money, your dream, etc.???:confused:
    I guess if it's not "how you like it, it's dog sh*t". ?

6. Wayne C.

Wayne C.

I agree. I think the yellow car looks bitchen. I am not especially into big wheels either. I prefer 15 inch wheels on "MY CARS". You need to pick what's right for your car.

7. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

65notch, thats an awesome score. Congrats. I love 2 door Ford wagons. We bought my wife's 62 with 17' Torque Thrusts, and finally got the scratch together to buy some 15" chrome reverse made by Wheelsmith in Socal. Put on disk brakes so needed at least 15s. Its a crappy Iphone pic, but i think it looks much better.
    [​IMG]

8. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Very cool & RARE wagon ! Nice find ! I could
    see it lowered skinny steelies up front & wider
    steelies out back. My 2 cents.

9. slammed

slammed

You do not understand this forums criteria.

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks cool love wagons!

11. Not a thing wrong with your logic. You build it the way you want and let the chips fall where e they may.

Now here is the rub, this is a traditional rod and custom site. We have a core group that holds to that and when the chips fall they are going to fall on the thos hoops are not traditional and your car is better suited to a different site that embraces modern as opposed to traditional.

Actually for the era that the car is built 16s would be too tall, 14s were in vogue and 15s being acceptable to the rod and custom crowd of the era.

Getting back to it yes buiild it the way you like and let the chips fall where they may, just don't expect us to embrace it when it is done.

BTW '61 2 door ranch wagon rare as hen's teeth good score. There is a lot that can be done with it and done correctly it could make a real nice traditional cruiser or push car.

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or perhaps you jumped onto the HAMB too quickly without realizing it's purpose. This is not an old car forum.

13. philo426

philo426

Really cool!You may have to put in new rear springs as the rear end looks to be a little lower than the front!

14. outlaw256

outlaw256

x2!!! id love to post up pics of my wife 67 2dr hard top impala that im finnishing up for her now.BUT it doent belong here and it aint gonna come here. damnit! im so pround of it too.lol