Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960s Kansas City area Anglia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chickenshift, Feb 27, 2018.

1. chickenshift

chickenshift

FCE5AB9D-F094-47C8-A238-6829F0569BB7.jpeg ACB1D08C-0906-4EC3-B604-FB213822F600.jpeg Looking for any photos from 1960s into the 70s of drag racing in Kansas City area. Specifically any photos of Anglias. I was offered this years ago, kicked it around for a bit and kind of forgot about it. Was brought up last week while finding info and parts for another build. From Raytown Missouri area, ran from 65-69. The fella who owns it is a good customer, vice versa. He bought it in late 80s, but is a hardworking blue collar guy. Focused all on building business, running it with family. How you see it is how he bought it. He picked up both fiberglass fronts separately. May have been run on street after. Frenched antenna on drivers rear trunk hump. Whoever did gas welding did great job. I believe he has some history on it, but he was caught up in work when i went to look at it, didn't want to bug him. Maroon, and green paint is what i found. Floor is completely cut out, back 1'& half of roof insert recess is cut out, heavy bondo in decklid, crude torched out holes for rear pushbar. Other than that body is solid. Frame is saveable. Windows have medium tint. Hurst bracket/brake kit on spindles, straight axle. Perfect magnesium spokes, narrowed Pontiac rear. Supposedly ran sbc. I took pictures of odd, unusual areas, maybe jog someone's memory. I'd like to see this back on the strip making passes. Not perfect, probably not well known, but it's real deal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  2. chickenshift

chickenshift

Please post any old pics of Anglia Gassers. Looking for any within 400 mile radius of KC. Or hell, just post any old Anglia photos that are H.A.M.B. friendly. I'll sort through em. Thanks

3. carryallman

carryallman

is the car still for sale ? the wheels alone will bring big bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good luck on the purchase ! if your not interested ?i am thanks mike

4. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It does not ring any bells with me. I graduated from Raytown HS in 1965 and promptly was treated to an all-expenses paid senior trip to SE Asia. I got back in early 1969 and don't remember it. On the other hand, I cannot remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

Any names attached to the car?

5. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I sent a message .