Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1960 T'Bird in N. Ill junkyard, nearly rust free

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cosmo, May 22, 2014.

1. "I'm gonna get to that someday..."

Or you die, and your family calls the junkyard.

This is the latter. A very straight, surface rust only, all glass, etc.,etc,...Hell, it's a nice start on a custom or a restoration.

$4000.00, clear Illinois title (I saw the title, it's original owner). Only real issue is that the interior has been torn into, though it looks like the dash is mostly there, the console wasn't immediately apparent, and I didn't see into the trunk. Saw the whole undercarriage, because it's up on a plinth, keeping the lookie-loos at bay. And it has no rust through.

Important stuff:
    It's in Elgin, IL., at Midwestern Auto Parts (a self-serve friendly place). Phone number is 847-695-5600. Address is 1201 Bluff City Blvd.

I do not know how long it will stay, but they kept a Packard 400 there for 6 months. Crushed that one when all the "I'll be right overs" never were right over.

Cosmo

2. 100,000 members. This car is straight of body, and fair cheap. If this one is lost, is there any real hope?