Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1960 Ford Falcon

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Thor1, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: New Richmond

State: Wisconsin
    Price: $16,500
    Falcon Lowered 1.jpg Falcon Lowered 3.jpg LOWERED PRICE...

For Sale: 1960 Falcon Two Door Sedan

Body and Paint: This car is virtually rust free and has not rot or rust anywhere. I have included some pictures of it in bare metal while the paint prep was being done. The paint job is a 20-footer. It looks good, but up close it has some runs and imperfections. The rear wheel wells were radiused and the flares are fiberglass mat. With the exception of the cracked passenger side window the glass is all good. The hood lifts on and off and is secured by four hood pins.

Interior: The car was stripped for racing. Other than the front bucket seats and the rear seat there is no interior. All the window regulators have been removed and the driver and passenger side windows are raised and lowered with seat belt straps. I have the front and rear door and side window regulators and they are included. Stewart Warner gauges – Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Amps, Fuel. Radio delete plate.

Engine: 1979 302 block that has been bored .030” over with Speed Pro flat top piston. It has 351 Windsor heads, a Comp Cams Big Mutha Thumpr cam (CAMSHAFT FS 295T H-107 T THUMPR), Comp Cams 1.6 roller rockers, and dual valve springs. There is an MSD 6AL digital ignition control with an MSD coil and MSD Pro-Billet small diameter distributor. Weiand tunnel ram with two Holley four barrel 650 carburetors that have been extensively worked over. The carburetors were recently built by The Carburetor Shop in Forest Lake, MN. The engine has a brand-new flywheel and brand-new Tuff Stuff starter. It has an aluminum flex fan, and aluminum radiator. Cal Custom valve covers with valve cover spacers and Hilborn-style scoop. I don’t have actual numbers, but I was told the compression ratio is 11:1.

Exhaust: Stainless steel Hooker headers, into new 2-1/2”, 26” Power Sticks from Classic Chambered Exhaust, 12” Cherry Bomb bullets to act as resonators, and tail pipes out the center-back – the car is still loud. Transmission: Borg Warner super t10 4 speed with a Hurst Competition Plus shifter. Ansen explosion proof bellhousing with a Ram 10-1/2” clutch and pressure plate.

Suspension and Brakes: Stock rear leaf springs with Ford 9 inch, 4:56 rear with Detroit Locker. Welded on ladder bars and drive shaft loop. Stock drum brakes. New Monroe air shocks. Stock front A-arm suspension. The car had four-inch spacers added to the upper ball joints which I have removed, but the spacers will be included with the sale. The two pictures showing the slot mags on the front show how the car sits now. Front brakes are four piston Mustang disc brakes.

Tires and Wheels: 15” x 8” chrome OEM wheels with Towel City 29” x 10” Cheater slicks on the rear, and 14” x 7” aluminum Superior Superdrag II slots with 185/75R14 Hankook Optimo radials on the front. I will also include a pair of 15” x 8-1/2” Ansen slots with worn Mickey Thompson ET Streets with the sale.

Other: The car is set up to have dual batteries in the trunk, although I only have one in the trunk currently. The battery disconnect switch is in the rear tail panel. The car also has a new gas tank with a Holley fuel regulator, electric Holley Blue fuel pump and filter. The car has a Hurst line lock, but I do not know if it works. All the lights work. There are no windshield wipers. A NOS Falcon Owner’s manual and a reprint of the 1960 – 1962 Falcon Shop Manual are included with the sale.

My plan was to civilize this car a little bit so that it could be more comfortably driven on the street but still retain its raw, unpolished vibe. The car had been sitting for quite a while before I got it so it was showing the results of age and neglect. I have been slowly going through it bit by bit to get it back on the road. Currently, to run the car needs to be timed and the carbs need to be sorted out. It will need to be trailered home at this point.

I also have a 1968 302 core engine that is included with the sale.

Here is a link to the car running:

I know I have probably forgotten something. If you have questions shoot me a message. I am asking $16,500 for the car. I am not interested in any sort of trade.

Thank you for looking at my ad.

Steve

20200921_182820.jpg 20200830_154734.jpg
    20200903_115623.jpg 20200903_115636.jpg 20201108_113948.jpg 20201209_113247.jpg 20201002_010150.jpg View attachment 5388397 View attachment 5388409 IMG_3055.JPG 20201209_113552.jpg 20201209_113900.jpg Falcon getting ready for paint.jpg Falcon body work.jpg Falcon body work 2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  2. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to the top:rolleyes::)

Lucky667, lo c dan and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lowered the price and putting it back up, once again...