Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 falcon six newbie question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lcpland, Jul 18, 2013.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure do. The trans is a little cranky.

2. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

Would you be willing to sell it?
    Also I remember you said something about putting in some "jEFIy" peanut butter. I'm looking for a weber 32/36 that's already jetted.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is possible, although shipping might be a killer.

4. John Roberts

John Roberts

The 144 cu in was only 'the biggest slug in the world' because in the USA Ford went the cheapie route for fuel economy and fitted the 3.10 to 1 diff as standard (except Cincinnati and San Francisco), while elsewhere they got 3.56 (for comparison, an identical package-size car - the British MkII Zephyr - ran a 3.9). Low-profile tires help acceleration too. And don't forget the winter/summer hole on the carb. A lot of people bypassed the water-heated manifold because the die-cast pipe rotted - this didn't help power in winter; I was fussy with inhibitor and coolant changes so ours didn't. The standard 8.7:1 compression needed premium but helped with power and fuel economy. I remember our car, so equipped, leading similar cars to 35mph away from the lights in the 70s (the box stayed in Fordomatic Low while other boxes suffered from the slur from 1st to 2nd, or were manuals).

5. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Way to go.----Keeper