Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Chevy Wagon 1/4 panel replacements

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959Nomad, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Does anyone know the difference of the 1959 Wagon/El Camino quarter panels and those used on the cars? All of the ones I have seen so far say they are not for Wagons. The El Camino store says they have them but notes that modifications are needed. I am also wondering if anyone knows specifically what the differences are on the left and right rear valances for the wagon as compared to the cars too.
    If anyone has modified the standard ones to work on a wagon i would appreciate and information you have.

2. belair

belair

I would think the El Ccam quarters would have to modified and shortened to fit the rear door opening of your car. It would fit a 2 door wagon with no modification, but you have a back door where the the El Cam would not. I don't know about the top, around the top of the fin, where the wagon has glass and the El Camino goes into the bed.

3. Without seeing one it's hard to say, but wagons have a slightly different internal structure than the sedans, and of course the top is a little different. Depending on how high you need to replace the metal, the sedan one may work fine.

4. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Thanks for the reply's
    To clarify, I am actually looking at just the lower rear half patch panels, not the whole panel. the ones I have seen start near the middle of the wheel going back and the center of the molding going down, sort of a quarter quarter panel

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

The El Camino and wagon are the same at the tail but are different than the Sedans or coupes. The flange where the bumper meets is different to get the tailgate up over the bumper.

I have a panel I can line up on my Elky and shoot some pics to show you.

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

PM Jethro on here..he put quarters on his wagon, If I recall correctly he had to modify them.

7. Length and depth of the "curve" under the fin. For the part you're needing to replace, you can make the coupe/sedan patch panel work.

8. post some pic's and lets see the issue.

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

hopefully this will help u out[​IMG]

10. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

11. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

i just bought the 1/4 panals patches, and had too cut the end off of the back it was about a 2 inches too long , and the front of the patch i just had cut off and rebend the edge it was about 1/2 long. well aneyways here it is finished[​IMG]

13. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

thanks for the pictures Woodpecker.
    looks like the ones that are available would work out without too much modification

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

15. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

"I am also wondering if anyone knows specifically what the differences are on the left and right rear valances for the wagon as compared to the cars too."
    See separate thread on the valances

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009