Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Cadillac Wheel Covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Does anyone know what I would have to do to get '59 Caddy wheel covers to adapt to my '56 Ford wheels? Thanks!

2. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

you dont have to do anything, they have the normal fingers on the edges to fit on normal rims. 56 caddy caps need a 56 only rim to fit because of the depth, and the earlyer sombreros need caddy only rims...........john

3. Thanks man I appreciate it!

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Using this Ebay add for the REFERENCE! photos only http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-1960-C...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d68077c9&vxp=mtr I'm going to counter-dict HotrodJ54 and say that they won't stay on the Ford rims and may not even go on them. The Caddy caps do have spring loaded fingers but they catch the inside of the lip of the rim and the Caddy rims that use those caps have a lips that hook around so the cap will catch in them. They are a pain in the ass to get back on Cad wheel that they are intended for let alone trying to fit them to the Ford/Mercury rims.