Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1958 Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 6erwebb, Dec 13, 2016.

1. 6erwebb

6erwebb
    from Nashville

City: College Grove

State: Tennessee
    Price: 3000
    First off Ive got 3k in it but Im looking to move on. This truck is pretty solid but it is only a starting point. I bought it from a friend who bought it out of a field where it sat since 1974. That said the core metal isnt bad at all!

The cab corners are bad of course but the rust gladly is not into the floor. The sill around the windshield is also very solid, and there are no cuts into the dash for modern radio.

The truck does run! In fact I had it driving up and down our driveway on the farm! All the basic tune up stuff was done by its last owner including the fuel pump. The thing the engine needs at this point is a balancer, the crank snout has not been boogered at all though gladly.
    The trans shifts nicely but the linkage could use a little grease. And the drivers door opens and closes really nicely however the passenger door will need hinges.

Thats where we start with the bad. The doors are pretty crappy (surprise). The bottoms are rusted and the regulators are floppy. The brakes are locked up completely as well... BUT THATS WHERE THE GOOD COMES BACK.

All the parts minus springs and small hardware have been collected to do the brakes including stainless lines and a new master cylinder! The wheels and tires are michelins on the correct steelies which have been primed and painted. The truck also is sporting the correct bench. Should be mentioned also that I planned on redoing the bed as well so new stainless strips and bed hardware were purchased as well!

And last but not least, it sat in a field for 40 years but Ive gone through the paperwork and gotten a new clean title!!! So yes this IS a project, Im not going to pull the wool over anyones eyes. But, it is complete and ready for restoration or even just a slight freshen in areas and driving as an old truck.

email me for super quick response [email protected] or call or text 6154787381 Thanks!

[​IMG]c17 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c16 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c15 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c14 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c13 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c11 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c10 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c9 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c6 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c3 by rhinowebb, on Flickr

[​IMG]c2 by rhinowebb, on Flickr