Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1957 Pontiac and 1974 Chev Caprice. Canadian built.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Longstroke, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Longstroke

Longstroke

Hello all fellow old school gear heads. I just joined this wonderful site and i am loving every minute of it. Thanks to the founders for making all this great stuff possible. I am from Milton, Ontario, Canada and own a Canadian built 1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan since 1996 that i restored original myself. My 1957 Pontiac has the 261 inline six cylinder motor that they came with, even though you could order a Chevrolet 283 V-8 as an extra cost option. My 57 was restored original and with many factory and dealer accessories. I love my 261 inliner motor and i would not trade it for any bent eight. I was wondering if there was any other Canadian Pontiac owners out there, especially with 261 inliner power. My other toy is a Canadian built 1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate station wagon, that my dad Anthony (1927-1993) bought new for our very large family. The 74 has just over 51,000 miles on it and is original except for the usual wear items. The 74 has a 400 V-8 four barrel and is loaded with all the usual options. I show both cars during the months from May to November and usually put over 3,000 miles a year on the 57 Pontiac and just under 1,000 miles a year on the 74 Chev. I am looking forward to spending a lot of time on this great H.A.M.B. site. Cheers. George.

Attached Files:

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

We don't get many Canadian Pontiacs here. My folks bought a new 71 Kingswood Estate wagon with the 400 but it had over 51,000 miles in a few years. Riding so many miles in the third seat is probably why I am still a big wagon fan today.

3. brad2v

brad2v

Hi George, nice to see you on here

4. donno

donno

I'm interested in swapping info / details / pic's of 57 Pontiacs as my girlfriend is a VERY proud owner of a 57 Starchief drop top. It 'aint original / stock but she's owned it for over 40 years and DRIVES it. 'Course she lets me maintain it, along with my 46 Ford and a 48 Merc.

5. Welcome to the HAMB from Minnesota, glad to have you George.

6. I have a 61 Pontiac Laurentian bubbletop. 348 tri power, 3 on the tree, posi. Low buck fun! 100_2264.JPG yes this summer the bondo falling off will get re shmooeed up and blown in with more Dawnfire Mist! Love the Canadian Pontiacs from 1957 to 1964. The 57 is definitely the nicest tri five Pontiac hands down!

kidcampbell71 and lewk like this.
  7. Longstroke

Longstroke

I was gone for awhile but i am real glad to be back on this fabulous site. Cheers. George