Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1957 Ford Ranch Wagon

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by flathead41ford, Apr 24, 2019.

1. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

City: Willoughby

State: Ohio
    Price: $4000 OBO
    I have too many projects and I am also looking to buy a building so some parts and projects need to go. This is a pretty solid 57 Ford 2 door wagon. I bought it out of Denver CO and there were pay stubs inside the car from 1982 in New Mexico. I am guessing that was the last time it was on the road.

It needs some patch panels on the bottom as well as some floor board work. The back area is real solid as well as the spare tire well. Tail gate and hatch are also very solid. Doors are very solid and pretty darn straight. The latch is missing from the drivers door though. The front clip is off a different car and in nice shape. The front fenders need patches on the bottoms behind the wheel well and there is some minor rot below one of the headlights, about a 3/16 or so hole there. I do have the original front clip that is included with the car, but it's banged up pretty good. The original hood is nice but has a bunch of holes drilled in it where someone had some sort of hood scoop on it at some point. The grill is nice and straight. Both bumpers are there and solid but need straightening. Both rockers have some rot. Left rear quarter is rust free while the right needs some work around the wheel lip. Not bad but it should get a replacement panel. The right rear inner quarter needs some work from where the floor meets to the lower pinch weld. There is rot there but not on the left side.

The interior is complete. It needs re upholstered though. Front seat is springs for the most part. Back seat has the original material and looks decent but dirty. Headliner is intact with a hole or two. All the garnish is in the car. The only things missing that I noticed are one sun visor, radio and the damn keys. All door panes and hatch area panels are in the car as well.

The windshield has a couple stone chips and some of the flat glass is broken. There is no glass in the hatch, but I have an extra hatch that is badly rotted but has good trim and glass that is included.

Originally this was a 292 and 3 on the tree. The engine in it now is a 289 with a C4 behind it. When they put this set up in, they rigged up the shift lever to the trans. It is hokey, but it works. Driveshaft is also hooked up and the original 9 inch is still in the back. No rear shocks but I don't think that matters much to anyone. I got the 289 to fire on a can of gas and hot wiring. It fired right up and sounded real good. There is dual exhaust with glass pack mufflers which, surprisingly, don't leak. I couldn't let it run long because there is no radiator. I also didn't try to add ATF and run it through the gears. Brakes are there but don't work.

I do have some extra stuff included with the car. I have an extra hood and Fairlane front fender trim. There may be some other misc small stuff also. My plan was to do another DOHC 4.6 and 4R70 swap. Included with the car is that set up. Complete drop out from a 95 Lincoln Mark VIII. Engine and trans had 12XXXX on them when I pulled them. Unfortunately the Mark hit something on the freeway and put a hole in the radiator. The previous owner didn't know until it overheated and popped a head gasket. So the car was driveable but it does need head gaskets.

This is sold with a bill of sale. I only have this one picture on my computer but I included a link to my drop box account. Those pictures were taken in Denver when my cousin looked at it for me. It shows all the bad stuff as well as the original front clip. Currently the car is on a lift with my 32 Ford underneath. Anyone is welcome to look at it at any time if they would like. I am asking $4000 for it but I am open to offers. The car is at my shop in Willoughby OH 44094. Feel free to PM, text or call me with any questions.

Thanks, Bob 440-346-3333

https://www.dropbox.com/home/1957 ford
    IMG_1609 (1).JPG

2. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

Some updated pictures. The headlight rust was worse than I remembered. IMG_1724.JPG IMG_1725.JPG IMG_1726.JPG IMG_1727.JPG IMG_1728.JPG IMG_1729.JPG IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1731.JPG IMG_1732.JPG IMG_1733.JPG IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1735.JPG IMG_1736.JPG IMG_1737.JPG IMG_1738.JPG IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1741.JPG

HeavyRoller and Jeff Pandora like this.
  3. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH