Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957-58 Studebaker P-up Pic Request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaysix, Oct 16, 2007.

1. jaysix

jaysix

I was wondering if anyone has pics of custom 57-58 Studebaker pickup trucks..I have a chance to get a complete one minus the engine for 500 bucks. Another question is, can a 50's Ford or Chevy bed be adapted without looking out of place because I think the bed on it is ugly as hell. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. jaysix

jaysix

Nevermind..just did a search and found some pics..The only question I have now is about the bed swap. Thanks

3. jaysix

jaysix

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Usually a half-ton pickup from make to make is the same wheelbase so I would say no problem about a bed swap if it a step-side bed. A fleetside bed may be a problem only because the contours on the slab sides may not any feature of your cab.

5. jaysix

jaysix

Thanks..it will definately be a step side... Wonder what be would look the best on it.

6. The one that came on it at least matches up to the front fenders. Stude pickups are basically the same from '49-'60, except for the grille. If you don't like them, come on up here and swap it out for a '54 Chevy bed -

I wonder if that's the same truck the guy wanted to swap me for a Willys a while back, he had a '56-'57 that had been a driver, had some old rust repairs in it, and the motor was out. I was trying to get him to bring that and a '63 Lark Daytona that ran as trades.

7. jaysix

jaysix

Was it outside of Bedford, PA ?

8. I don't remember exactly where, but the guy had a couple dozen cars, had some Willys already, had this truck, the Daytona, some other stuff... was somewhere south-central PA, I thought, from what he said. talked to him a couple times, said lets do it, and never heard anything again.

9. Anti-Chatter

Anti-Chatter
    from Alberta

I drive a '52 2R11 and although I don't think its long bed is ugly, I do think the shorter boxes are. Either way a 50's Ford or Chevy bed be adapted.

The 1960-64's are definitely ugly as the pickup box is wider then the cab.

(Studetruck's overview - http://studetrucks.tripod.com/ov.htm)