Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Pontiac 288 in a 1 ton GMC truck

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Taskforceguy, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Taskforceguy

Taskforceguy

I’m adding power steering to this cool old Napco and I need a double groove pulley. Any help steering me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Pat in Denver

Attached Files:

2. The passenger car engines from 55 thru 59 are the exact same externally.

3. Taskforceguy

Taskforceguy

Thanks Old Wolf. I’ll start searching

4. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

does that apply to the Pontiac engines found in GMC pickup trucks? Specifically 1957?

5. yes the GMC trucks used the same engines as the Pontiac cars. I happen to have a 56 GMC 317 engine, Pontiac and FE mills 004.JPG 60 pontiac 006.JPG bell and stick trans. and a 56 Pontiac 316 engine . they are exactly the same. except the car engine has strato streak on the valve cover and the GMC is painted red and has GMC decals on the valve cover. and I have a 60 Pontiac catalina 389. I intend to use the 56 GMC flywheel and bellhousing on the 389. 1959 was the last year for reverse cooling . and 60 the last year for the early bellhousing.

6. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Thanks for the info, I'm trying to track down an engine and tranny for the '55 Pontiac. Within close proximity to home.

Old wolf likes this.