Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Nomad Quarters?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BTB Rocco, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I know this has probably been talked about to death, but there's just too many threads to search through, so here goes....

Does anybody know where to find just the wheel well opening Patch for a 1955 Chevy Nomad? I don't want the entire quarter, cause they cost $900 I just need the lip of the opening and a few inches all the way around the arch. ...I'm hoping there's someone out there that might have seen them in their travels.

2. Have you checked Danchuk?

3. Squablow

Squablow

I cut the lips off of a pair of front fenders and sold them to someone who said they were going to use them to repair Nomad quarters. Maybe what you should try to find is a pair of front fenders that are junk over the headlights and in the dog legs but have good lips on them, and cut them up to make your quarter patches.

4. Yeah, they were the first place I looked. All they have is the full quarter for just under a grand.

Squablow, that's my next option. I was thinking about doing that. Just gotta find enough front fenders for cheap

5. terryble

terryble
    from canada

The Hamber that suggested front fender lips is right on the money, the shape and contour is much closer to right than any replacement I've seen there are some really bad quarters on really otherwise nice Nomads. Front fenders for 55s ar usually good except for bottom at the door and eye brows. Wheel opening is usually pretty good and fits the quarters with minimum modification.

6. some repo houses sell damaged sheetmetal cheaper if they have a pair where the lip is good but is damaged in other areas of the part it'd be a way out for you

just a thought

7. RacerRick

RacerRick

I didn't know the front fender lips were the same as a nomad. I think I just found a use for my spare rusty fenders on my 55!

8. Frank36

Frank36

First of all sorry about the pictures, this was done long before digital cameras.
    Donor fender,
    [​IMG]
    Note that a pierce of the original opening was used to fill the front, and the lower rear corner of the original made a cap for the rear. The quarter panel was flanged with a flanging tool to allow the donor piece to set in level and provide rigidity. The piece was welded in solid with a minimum amount of warpage due to the flanging, the 18+ gauge metal used by GM in those days, and careful stitch welding with the wire feed. After grinding, the amount of filler required was negligible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Django let me know about some full quarters that he found. If i win them, would anyone be able to pick them up and send them via greyhound or HAMB relay them to Florida? Obviously i'd pay the shipping.