Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1955 Ford Fairlane Victoria project car

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by plynch, Oct 17, 2014.

1. plynch

plynch

City: Valparaiso

State: Indiana
    Price: $3000 Firm
    Selling my 1955 Fairlane Victoria. It is a project car and I bought it in pieces. The car is basically a rolling shell with all the parts in boxes. It appears everything is there, but with a disassembled car I'm sure some small pieces are missing. This car was stripped top to bottom, body work roughed in and shot in etching primer. The rear of the car has been shot in a single stage white and I think it was put on to protect the car. The bottom of the car was etch primed and painted in the same white single stage paint. Over all a very solid car, the only place that I found that will need work is the rear quarters over the wheel. The passenger front fender was NOS when hung on the car, the driver front fender needs a patch on the lower area that I have. The trunk floor is perfect, the interior floors have one small (6"x8") nicely done patch on either side where your feet sit, other than that the floors appear perfect.

The chassis has been rebuilt front to back and painted, the rearend was rebuilt I was told. It has new shocks, springs, balljoints, etc. No rust or issues with the front crossmember. Car is still drum brakes are around and I have not had the drums off to check if the hardware is there. Car has a new powder coated gas tank. Car was originally a 292/auto car...that was not there when I bought the car. Supposedly it had a 427/toploader setup in it for years. I am including a nice low mileage 390/C6 combo with the car.

AS far as interior. When I bought the car all the soft parts of the interior were missing. I have since sourced a original front and rear seat that need restored, and another front and rear seat from a 67 Galaxie. There are no door panels or side panels but they could be bought new or made. All the headliner bows are there, it appears all the interior trim and handles and such are there. Front and rear window are nice, the flat side glass is there but cracked. The window regs, door hardware, dash, 2 steering columns, plus some extras. The original wiring harness is included as well as a new original style partial or complete harness.

Bumpers and exterior trim included. There is also a set of rusty but complete doors, and another trunk lid included. The doors on the car are nice, these extra doors are good for extra parts and to see how they go together.

I bought the car around the same time I bought my 56 Mainline 2 door, had planned to build both cars one for me and one for the wife. Well, she wants the 56 and I would rather have a Ford F1/F100 shortbed truck to tinker with so the 55 is for sale. Car has a clear title.

I don't have pictures on my computer, so PM me a number I can text them to, or call/text me for info. 219-510-2647. Pat

2. plynch

plynch

Bump...pm's replied to, phone calls returned

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. plynch

plynch

traded off, no longer available

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014