Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 Chevy truck

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Bad55Chick, Jan 22, 2016.

1. 55blacktie

55blacktie

I had a 57 1/2-ton/w short bed in the early 70s. It had the 235 six/w three-on-a-tree. I liked the truck, but didn't care for the king pins. Keeping it aligned was a problem. By the way, I prefer the small back window.

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

That era Chevy trucks are best served up with a W engine...I have a lot of experience with 50's GM trucks. Properly installed kingpins last a long time and so did the front end alignment....

LAROKE likes this.
  3. Hotroder95

Hotroder95
    from Kansas

Well guys, it’s been a very long time since we last posted. Not sure where to really start. We bought our own house, got married, have done a lot of traveling. Life has been amazing. Unfortunately as far as the truck goes. I don’t think there will be any more updates as we have decided to go a completely different route for it that I don’t think would be very welcome here. It has been upgraded with more modern mustang 2 suspension, an LS motor, and air ride. I would love to show you the progress! But for now, hopefully I’ll be able to buy a model a to do a full fender hotrod or something down the road. I also picked up a 1959 el Camino that might find its way on here! Thank you guys for all the support along the way

LAROKE, swade41 and scotts52 like this.