Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1955 Chevy Gassers Owners Wanted? Post them Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Tyrrell, Dec 14, 2007.

1. cinemafx

cinemafx
    from Vancouver

Great thread! Gotta luv a 55 Gasser

2. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Man! I started this thread a few years ago and totally forgot about it. It was really nice to go through all the different pics that you guys have submitted. I have finally finished my 55 gasser and would love someone to explain exactly how to post some pics of it?????
    J

3. buds56

buds56

my project, started as a 4 door

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If this does not help you,let me know.
    How do I use albums?
    As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
    How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.

You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

5. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Thanks. Hope to get it running well enough to bring it back this year.

DuckusCrapus

6. here's mine cruising Van Nuys Blvd in So. Cal. I can't believe we're doing this again.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  7. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

If those econo-boxes weren't in the photo this could easily be anywhere from the late '60s to about 1980. Love this shot.

8. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

couldn't resist...

Attached Files:

rod1 and Deuces like this.
  9. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

First off here is a pic of one that I found a long time ago in a junkyard in London, Ontario Canada. I remember this car in the junkyard when I was 19 or 20 years old searching for auto parts. I was re-introduced to this photo from the "redline gallery" of tri-five drag cars a few years ago. Local business sponsors still remember this car. A guy by the name of Sheldon H. was the owner from what I could find out from the owner of Atichison Machine Shop. I called him a few weeks ago. This car had quite a history in the London, Ontario area.

I will definatley get some pics of the 55 chevy that I have been building over the past few years up soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    Deuces likes this.
  10. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

BTW thanks to everyone who sent me a message on how to post pics. I appreciate all the help:)
    J

Deuces likes this.
  11. heres some of ours might be putting steels up front to go more the early 60's style as it still has the stock front ect

[​IMG]

12. solid

solid

Here's a friends 55.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    Deuces likes this.
  13. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

A neat bit of trivia on that Plum Wild '55. Those fiberglass doors that were on it were from the original Two Lane Blacktop '55 (#2 Camera car). Those doors are back on the Two Lane car today.

DuckusCrapus

14. Sure wish i was there.Nice 55.

15. Mac_55

Mac_55

THat car you have pictured , also just happens to be wearing the 2 original doors from the two lane blacktop 55. Walt Bailey tracked them down to it and they are now back on the movie car.

16. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

I was wondering if those were the doors..thanx for that .

17. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I had read and heard that those were the doors off the TLB 55 chevy. I am also on the Yuku site as well. Funny that they were off a car in western canada. and they made there way to London, Ontario Canada. How auto parts travel! lolol What is really funny is that I remember going to that yard and leaning in on those doors and taking a lok at that car and thinking one day one day I gotta build me one of these! I wonder what happened to the rest of that car? I am sure that being a Canadian car it was pretty well beat with rust at that point and went for scrap.

BTW I love that Green Seen 55 chevy. Over the years I have watched that thing change into a monster!
    J

18. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I found some pics of my 55 just before I brought it home from the guy who painted it for me about two months back. These shots are from two days after it was painted. More shots to follow:)
    J

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    Deuces likes this.
  19. Here's my ol 55 with a 292.....great thread.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  20. AF/X

AF/X

Here is the one we just bought. "THE HOOKER"

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  21. motorhead711

motorhead711

Here's a couple shots of my twin brothers 55 chevy called the "Joker". We built this car together about 14 years ago and was originally going to be used for a CIRCLE TRACK CAR!! Notice the rear fender wells are raised up about 4 inches. The car was home built, with swap meet parts and had a best time of 10.46 ( Somoa dragstrip, Eureka, CA.)

Attached Files:

22. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

23. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

Ongoing project.......

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.

24. Personally what I would do is lose the Pep Boys chrome pulleys, alt. + valve covers in favor of some stock black pulleys, normal alt., finned alum. valve covers from mooneyes or similiar and mount that alt. down where it's supposed to go. Noone wants your alt. shoved in thier face when they look at your engine.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  25. and paint that water pump orange too.

26. Should he paint it white primer and take the hood off and
    get a Auto Zone air cleaner too. Go a easy on him dude.

27. it's not white primer, hoods are optional and I don't know where that air cleaner came from. He put his post here so he's going to get feedback. I suppose you would rather see him buy billet. That alt. riding so high is not exactly period correct, but you new that didn't you? I guess everybody's Chip Foose.

28. cooljunk

cooljunk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seen at swap meet in Flint Mi.

29. evolvo

evolvo
    from Seattle

I've posted this pic a few other places on the HAMB. Just found this thread today. I built this car in Wheaton, Md in the late 60's. Sold it to the guys on the door after I blew my engine and got discouraged. They did really well for a few years in the early 70's. Gardners parents donated the motor to Brennan and Matthews after Gardner was killed in Nam.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  30. Well just as I figured, you can dish it out, but ya can't take it. This thread is NOT called "1955 Chevy Gasser Owners Wan'ted So I Can Tell Ya What To Change". I just felt like you were jumping in this guys shit without and invitation.
    I checked over our REAL '56 Gasser, and.., ya got me. It has a billet roller cam, billet spool and a later model billet line lock solenoid. Then I checked over our '62 Dodge Super Stocker and it has a billet roller, spool, and mostly billet parts inside the Jerico trans. I also check my Buick wagon and it doesn't have any billet, so ya did bust me on the other two. Judging
    by the running gear in the '55 you like tearing apart, he probably out to
    mount the parts you suggested on the rear bumper, cause I think thats the only view you'll get in the near future. Love, Ric.