Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1955 Chevy body dimensions needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by summersshow, Jul 30, 2014.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

So I got the 55 2 sedan in the shop and tomorrow plan on taking the body off the frame.... BUT the floor is all rotten out and I dont want anything to fall apart... Does anyone have the dimensions of the body so I can weld in some jigging to keep everything stratight? The passenger side quarter is broke free from the floor, so I know i need to do some...

The dimensions inside the door jamb, from post to post on top and on bottom, and infront of the door from side to side... Ive looked but cant find anything...
    Interior to interior dimensions please

2. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Good luck with dimensions. The 55 assembly manual has tons of dimensions and reference points for the frame, front end sheet metal and outside trim. But that's about it one thing about measurement they need to be made from exact reference points or there useless.
    My best advice after replacing four or so compleat 55 floor, trunk pans is to fit all body panels doors to quarters and rockers trunk lid to quarters then brace everything before you remove the body from the frame. Ron

3. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

So think I should get a new door before taking apart? Driver door is structural but the passenger side, same as where the quarter is loose is shot... I think I need to find someone that has one, with no interior and get some measurments... Was hoping someone on here may have one...

4. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

No one has a 55 sedan taken apart?