Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 chevy pickup windshield.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sphynx, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

First off this isnt a rant. I ordered some parts for my AD today. Cladsic chevy offers a windshield for $179, not bad but the shipping is $199 which brings me up to $378 for a windshield. Can anyone telk me a better deal or is that good. I hate to pay more for shipping than the part. It could be beacause I am residentual so maybe I could have a glads shop order my windshield and pay them a small mark up ? Any soggestions would be helpful . Thanks in advance.

2. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Have you checked with local auto glass shops?

3. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

No I havent just I spoke with one on my side glass a few months ago and they wanted 55 per side and classic has it for 40 so I just figured it would be more. But I will try them on a windshield.

4. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

My post is 1954 chevy pickup windshield. Its the one piece if thats what your asking.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You know, the local guys are trying to make a living, same as you are. Unless they are grossly out of line, it should be worth as much or maybe a little more to do business with them. When you have a problem, the mail order guys can give lip service, but if it takes physical help, the local guy is available and much more likely to show an interest in your problem if you are a customer.

I do business with mail order suppliers too, just not so quickly when what I need is available from somebody in town. A lot of things aren't....then I go to the internet.

You do what you want, of course.......I'm merely expressing my thoughts on the subject.

Ray

6. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I get what your saying and it makes sense. I will give them a shot. I also try to do business with locals just havent had much luck but will go talk with a couple of shops in the morning. Thanks Ray.

7. call around and ask for a DW362 (the part number) they are not hard to find.

8. When in doubt, buy local!