Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1954 Chevy Belair Front Brake Conversion Question (The Low and Slow Build)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrappin bottom, Oct 10, 2014.

1. scrappin bottom

scrappin bottom
    from Austin

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone on here knew about a front end disc brake conversion that runs out of the firewall with the booster vs the floor one. I am currently working on a 1954 belair and want to find a great kit that I can access from under the hood vs the floor. Any advice, conversions or mock-ups would be appreciated! Please!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. High5

High5

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Geez, what do you need a "conversion" for?????
    With my 54, I had a 1980 Monte as a donor. I used what I had. Made a 16 ga steel panel to strengthen the firewall where it was going to mount, with 3/8" or so, flanges turned on the sides for stiffness. Rosette welded it in place and drilled the holes to mount the swinging pedal assembly, and master/booster. Bend up some new brake lines, and done!

5. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

How much of a pain in the a** is it to get behind the dash after the firewall master is in? Oh yeah...Waltons has a kit for a really good price