Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1954 Chevrolet Bel Air

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Seth Cunningham, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Seth Cunningham

Seth Cunningham

City: Amherst

State: Virginia
    Price: $6,000 obo
    Yet another project that was bought/started before life got in the way. On the chopping block today we have my 1954 Chevrolet Bel Air. I have a clear Virginia title for the vehicle, along with almost every part to restore this car to the condition it deserves. Previous owner soda blasted majority of the car to strip the car back to original metal, some surface rust has come back since then (see pictures). the driver's side floor/door sill has some rust holes about the size of a dime each (see pictures), but the rest of the floors seem to be in very good condition. Front and rear bench seats from a Buick Skylark go with the car but will need to be reupholstered prior to use as they have seen better days. The transmission tunnel does have a riveted panel in one spot which, I assume, had to do with the previous owner's drivetrain plans at that time (automatic). A new independent front suspension clip has been installed on the vehicle along with coil springs which should lower the front ride height about 3 inches; a c-notch kit for the rear frame to accommodate 4 inches of drop goes with the car, but has not been installed (air ride was the intended direction, but could easily be changed to coil-overs). The rear end currently in the car is a GM 10-bolt from a 1994 Chevrolet Camaro. The rest of the Camaro powertrain goes with the car too; an LT1 small-block V8 and the 4L60E automatic transmission (plus computer and wiring harness). A new aluminum Griffin radiator for the LT1 is included as well. The pictures I have uploaded capture many of the parts and pieces for this car, but there are literally 5 or 6 huge totes of parts, both old and new, with too many items to mention in a post. The engine, transmission, and car in general are all in some level of disassembly which will require being rebuilt prior to squealing tires. Additional pictures upon request; $6,000 obo. Thanks

Attached Files: