Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1953 Mercury Gets A New Engine!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spike!, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Spike!

Spike!

My '53 is finally getting some attention. I picked up a new engine that a fellow HAMBer told me about, a real find that was sitting under a bench for many years. Its a '51 Merc engine that has Fenton heads and two pot intake and Johnson adjustable lifters, standard bore, and had been re-built way back when. It sat in a heated garage for at least 20 years and many more before that owner. I was finally able to raise the money and drive almost four hours to get it. The price was far too good to pass up considering what flatty prices are these days. Here's the engine

[​IMG]

The engine and car finally came together late on Sunday night at a magnificent place we call "The farm" or "Hobby Hospital", a three-story wooden structure that took six years to build. I'll do a separate story on that if anyone's interested. Here's my friend Hot Rod Scott lining up the clutch before we bolted on the new bell housing.

[​IMG]

After a whole lot of pushing and prodding, she was finally in place at about 1AM.
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!
    Spike

2. flatoz

flatoz

looks good, like the fenton heads too.

3. FeO2

FeO2

Lookin' good Spike, Now you have to Paint the rest of the car!

4. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Is the noose used often?????

BTW good looking motor and great score.

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

You're such a photographer. All sorts of cool lighting effects and angles. Fag.

6. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Huzzah!

I'll be happy to call and interupt you the next time you are making progress again, if you'd like.

7. Spike!

Spike!

Thanks Johnny Sparkle!

Spike