Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1953 La Carerra Panamericana Hudson Jet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hbabler, Jan 17, 2018.

1. hbabler

hbabler
    from Texas

Hopefully the Hamb can help me out with this. I know that a couple of hornets ran in the Panamericana but I was I unaware until this week that the 53 race had three Hudson Jets entered. So far I have been unable to find any information or pictures of these cars. Does anyone know anything about them? Thanks
    Hudson

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. SR100

SR100

Getting accurate information on the Carrera Panamericana races is surprisingly difficult. None of the sources match up. Most sources list Malcolm Eckart as placing fifth in the Touring Especial class and 38th overall in a 1953 Jet, but a photograph in Motor Trend shows that it wasn't a Jet and the caption describes it as a 1950 Pacemaker.
    upload_2018-1-18_6-56-19.jpeg

Two or three Mexican-entered Jets show up in the lists: Number 204, driver variously listed as Francisco Ramirez or Ramirez Fonseca, which placed 8th in class and 41st overall &
    Number 225, driven by Enrique Paredes, which placed 9th in class and 42nd overall.

This picture of the Ramirez car is the only Carrera Jet photo I've ever found:
    upload_2018-1-18_7-5-51.png