Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1953 Ford - Historic Survivor from Clarkaiser Customs -- SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Texascash, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Texascash

Texascash
    from Texas

City: Athens

State: TEXAS!
    Price: SOLD
    Historic Survivor Clarkaiser Custom Shop 1953 Ford Victoria

This car has a lot of verifiable history, and has been in many magazines since the 1950’s. Truly a one of a kind custom.

Customized in 1953/1954

This car is really cool and I'll regret selling it I'm sure, but I have kids on the way to college and need some parking space as well. I'd like to see it go somewhere that it will be appreciated. I have way more in this car than I'm asking for it, but I need to move it out and am therefore open to reasonable offers as well.

Here's the scoop:

1953 Ford Victoria restyled by Clarkaiser Custom Shop for Frank and Charles Gilardone. Clarkaiser fit the car with a unique 1953 Ford Meteor grille assembly. The headlights were frenched and modified with handmade sheet-metal shades. Teeth from the upper bumper of a 1953 Mercury were installed inside the scoop in the hood. The front bumper was relieved of all trim. The taillight shades were also hand formed out of sheet metal. The rear license plate was inset into the rear deck panel. For a smooth look, the bumper guards were removed from the rear bumper. The top was chopped 2.5 inches . The restyling took place around 1953-1954. In 1955 the car was exhibited at FORD’s own rod and kustom show at the Rotunda auditorium in Dearborn, Michigan.[1]This version of the car was painted black.[4] The car was also shown at the Rotunda in 1956. By then it had been painted silver.[5]

It still has an 8ba Flathead V8 with a 3-speed manual transmission. The doors are opened by solenoids, and as far I can determine, the interior is still the original custom interior....In GREAT shape! The headliner is white with black piping.

The paint on this car looks good from a distance, but it is a survivor car, and the paint reflects that. My best guess is that it had a repaint in the 1970's. CCCClarkaiserGilardone53Ford05-vi-1.jpg It is a very solid car but the paint does have blemishes and bubbling, and the chrome is "old chrome" as well. All that being said, most people who have seen the car say they would not repaint it.

Magazine Features:
    Car Craft August 1955
    Car Craft November 1956
    Car Craft December 1956
    Car Craft March 1957
    Custom Cars September 1957
    Car Craft April 1958
    Custom Cars August 1958
    Trend Book 143 Restyle Your Car
    Kustoms Illustrated 41
    Book: Fords Forever
    There may be some others as well

Copies of these will go with the car

Flathead Ford
    3 speed standard transmission
    Good Tires

Clear Texas Title

Car runs and drives out good.

$6k in recent work by Murray Kustom Rods in Fort Worth including but not limited to:
    Brakes
    Clutch
    Rebuild transmission
    Driveshaft / U-joints

Asking $25k, but open to reasonable offers.

It is located in Athens, Texas.
    Feel free to call me at 903-203-4232

Attached Files:

2. Texascash

Texascash
    from Texas

3. Texascash

Texascash
    from Texas

Make me an offer on this cool old custom. I really need to open up a parking space.

4. Texascash

Texascash
    from Texas

Sale pending

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. Texascash

Texascash
    from Texas

SOLD - off to Australia!

EVL401 likes this.