Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953-1956 Ford F-100 panel truck and pickup resources

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsters.com, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

I'm researching information like options, production numbers, and factory paint colors and combinations for '53-'56 F-100 panel trucks and pickups. Can any of you suggest good places to find any of this online?

Were any '56 Ford panel trucks sold with two-tone paint from the factory? Was the roof ever painted a different color than the rest of the body? If so, where were the parting lines?

There must be some good sites about '53-'56 F-100s, but I'm not aware of them because I haven't been looking for them. Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

2. Dave, I think '56 was the first year in a two tone paint, but it may have been available in a special order (paint code SS) earlier. In '56 they had a white (paint code E) that was used in two tone configurations and from what I can tell, that would be combined with another paint code color.

3. heavytlc

heavytlc

FTE the ford-truck.com forum has some good info. The search function is down right now.

4. Lon

Lon

I have an orginal service manual for 53-55s. If you need anything from that let me know and I will look it up for you. The Dennis Carpenter catalog has a VIN decoder on the front page. I got my paint code from that information and the tag on the glove box door.

5. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm surprised I haven't been able to find information online about factory colors for these trucks. I've seen a lot of two-tone paint jobs on '56 panel trucks and pickups, and am trying to document which parts of the bodies were painted which colors from the factory.

I'd also like some help in compiling a list of the parts that are unique to the '53-'56 panel trucks, like the running boards and the rear bumper.

Does the Early Ford V-8 Club of America include '53-'56 trucks? If not, what is the largest national club with a membership that would include experts on these trucks?

Dave

6. The Catholic

The Catholic
    from Akron Ohio

Dave, If you follow these panels, then you saw the black 1956 with overdrive on ebay a few weeks back, a real good friend and 56 enthusiast owns it. He's a wealth of knowledge on the panels, we've discussed two-tones before, I would assume its like the white roof trucks. The f100's sometimes came with a white roof, there's nothing on the vin tag to say for certain which ones came with one but there are a few original paint trucks with white roofs. I would then assume that the panels were the same way. Any body color you want with a white roof. The parting line would start at the top of the windsheld(above drip rail, and follow the lower contour of the body, where it would follow it down one it went past the door.) There's also isn't anyone with all the answers on the panels, Bob kennedy of PA, Kevin Samarigan Of Akron Oh, and a few other gentlemen all have good info, but we're all still learning. Dave, are you restoring one of these or looking for one? PM if you need any info, -Andrew

7. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Thanks! As far the as paint schemes go, at this point I'm just trying to be able to differentiate between original two-tone paint jobs and custom paint.

Where would you go to see accurately restored '53-'56 panels and pickups?

Dave

8. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Since the last post, I've done a bunch of searching and reading. I've found some good pages with information, but still nothing that I'd call definitive.

After wanting one for decades, I recently bought a straight, rust-free '56 F-100 panel truck rolling project, and am working on it whenever I can. There's a new a page about it at http://www.roadsters.com/56/

I love these '56 Ford panel trucks. If anybody wants to talk about '53-'56 Ford panel trucks and parts sources, please E-mail me your phone number and the best time to call.

Dave
    [email protected]

9. Bill Walford

Bill Walford
    from fl.

A member on FTE is called AXRACER and he is as informed as they come on these trucks(panels) and owns a 56 panel.
    I have about 7-11 56 ford trucks at any one time and know some but no authority. Samarigan is very knowledgeable and has a 56 panel also.
    Mid-fifties is a great source and so is Dennis Carpenter.
    Check online of the knoxville,Tn F100 supernat's and they have tons of pics. Bill

10. Tail lights are unique,, check catalogs for panel only items. I had a '56 panel w/ a 352, fun at stoplights,,,