Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Vicky.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OilDevil13, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Well I picked up a 52 Ford Today. Two Door Hard top, pretty straight. Needs lots, but has alot of potential. Im wanting to thrash on it and make it happen quick. I have a few buddies who are willing to sand on it for beer... and the body work is minimal if I ignore the floorpans. I know its not really good practice... but who knows about Correless, the rust neutralizer? I was thinking a good coat of that on the floors and underbelly, a bit of fiberglass to seal rather than patches, and slap a cheap carpet kit in it. The main idea is to get it rollin.... alot of the shaving is done, body has a couple of wrinkles.
    The guy I got it from looked crushed when I mentioned chop... He was bummed about having to part with it, so I think Im going to work with it as it is. For now.
    Can anybody tell me about flipping the spindles on one of these? Would anyone have a diagram of the front end assembly? Id appreciate the help. I know Im going to have hell figuring out where everything goes... this thing is in PIECES... all the trim is cool... REALLY COOL. I wont be using alot of it, but Im not sure what some of the shit is. Anyway. Im happy, it was a great day.

2. chopndrop

chopndrop

If Correless is the stuff from Eastwood, I was not too impressed. I've tried POR 15 and Rust Doctor as well, and I'm sticking with POR 15. I know this might start an uproar with those who have had bad experiances with POR, but I have not. A friend had some peel off one spot he did, but I blame poor prep work on his part.
    Having said that, and not knowing the extent of the rust in the floor, I think that if you plan to keep that car that you should patch the floors correctly, as in cut out the rust and weld in metal patches. If you fiberglass it its going to be that much harder to fix right later on. I once looked at a 55 Buick Hardtop and the entire floor was fiberglass, looked like a boat. Made me wonder about how bad it was. I have patched non-structural parts that were rusting through by painting with a think coat of POR, then layering with fiberglass mat, then painting more on. Not really the best solution, but it worked.