Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Dodge Restoration

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1952 Dodge, Nov 26, 2013.

1. 1952 Dodge

1952 Dodge

I am a new member and thought that I would share with you my project. I inherited a 1952 Dodge 1/2 ton short bed pickup last Thanksgiving from my brother-in-law. It had been sitting out in the weather at his place in Beatty Oregon since 1990 but had literally no rust since the climate is so dry there. It is in the process of a frame off restoration and I have all the painted body parts back and it is going together at this time. I have decided to go back with a warmed over small block Mopar and a Torqueflite transmission. (I realize that I will hear from some for not keeping it stock)
    I have included a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. The engine that you see "sitting" in the frame is being used for mock up purposes only and will be replaced soon. Please overlook the wheels and tires that are on it at this time as they are super ugly.
    I soon will have all my original extra parts posted in the classified in the HAMB classified if you have an interest.
    Will keep you updated as progress is being made.

Attached Files:

2. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Welcome! I don't think you will get a lot of crap for using a Small block Mopar, probably quite the opposite. Im just glad you didn't ruin the truck running a Chevy motor in it.;) It would be cool if you came over here > http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752370 and post your pictures/ comments/questions. This is the thread were all the 48-60 Dodge truck guys hang out. Lots of knowledge floating around about these trucks there. Enjoy the Hamb! and Welcome again!

3. 52RAM108

52RAM108
    from 76564

judging from them doors, the firewall parking brake mount, and the low-side bed, I reckon that truck might be a '50 Pilot-House truck...if'n the data says B-2-B-108 on it, then it's definitely a 1950 :cool:

4. 1950 Special Deluxe

1950 Special Deluxe
    from Saskatoon

I have the Canadian version, a Dodge DG-108.
    Mine is a work in progress (at best).
    I bought from a guy who bought it at an Auction sale.
    Plates say 1977, got it running this summer.
    Working on brakes now.
    Hopefully, it will be roadworthy next summer.
    Please keep posting updates, very motivating.

5. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

Great looking truck, be sure to keep us updated so we can see it when its finished. I for one am glad to see you kept it Mopar powered instead of taking the easy way out and dropping in a SBC. That LA motor has way more class.