Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Chevy Deluxe Disc Brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrvixx, Apr 10, 2013.

1. mrvixx

mrvixx
    from Carson CA

My name is Vic and this is my first post. I recently purchased a 52 Deluxe. Can anyone recommend a disc brake conversion kit? Thanks in advanced.

2. In B4 the "no intro post nazi patrol"...

Try Scarebird, he's a vendor on here and is worth a look.

Bob

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

4. mrvixx

mrvixx
    from Carson CA

Ok, so I was looking at the ECI EC-702. at http://ecihotrodbrakes.com, but now I am wondering about the booster and master. not sure on where to get a good deal on one and which one to get.

5. might i suggest visiting walton fabrications.

they have a firewall mounted booster/MC combo.

i had a 52 with the ECI conversion and an underfloor booster/MC. the reservoir was mounted on the firewall but even then, the under floor set up was kind of a pain.

if i had it to do all over, i'd do the walton unit in a heartbeat.

i see you're in carson. my shop is in Lawndale. if you have any questions, don't hesitate to call 310-973-5019

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I just had an ECI front brake kit installed. I ran a non boosted dual master that went under the floor. I am running a s 10 rear with stock drums. Nice kit that was ordered from Chev's of the 40's. Kit was around $900.

I went with the non boosted in the stock location because a boosted m/c in the same location will hang below the frame rails.

7. mrvixx

mrvixx
    from Carson CA

OK so I went with alteredpilot's recommendation and installed the Walton Fabrication booster master combo. I purchased a front clip with disc conversion off of a 50 deluxe which i had installed also. I am in need of rear drums but i am getting mixed hits as far as replacement drums. Will most 11 inch 5 x 4.75 in. Bolt Pattern fit? Or should it be specific to my vehicle? Bendix Brakes Global Brake Drums PDR0022 is what i am looking at. Thanks Guys

8. Drums interchange clear to 1968 (rear only), 51-58 front and rear.

9. I'm pretty sure those are the ones you're looking for. my local commercial supplier has them in stock. I checked and NAPA has them available but my local store does not stock them, can be ordered same day. should be available through o'reilly as well, not sure on availability, but most likely same day as well.

10. I have used CPP a lot
    WWW.classicperform.com
    Always good service