Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1951 Pontiac Chieftain

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peeduh, May 1, 2011.

1. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

Hey I'm looking for new parts for a 1951 Pontiac Chieftain and the only place I've found so far is Kanter and I'm looking for more than one place to price compare.
    I'm wanting front end rebuild kit, disc brake conversion. Anyone know of cross reference parts, or other places that would have stuff?
    Thanks!

2. - Hemmings magazine is handy and so is this other site I stumbled across once, Good Luck!! - <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=158 height=20><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>WWW.Restored-Classics.com they have a parts wanted section & a parts for sale

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. lowbuck 12

lowbuck 12
    from california

www.scarebird.com for disk brake, California Pontiac Restoration, NAPA has some parts, may have to look for 51' Chevy parts (some cross reference, not many), E-Bay if your willing. Gary is right, Hemmings has helped me with a stock starting point on my 53'. POCI has a lot of info if you join. Good luck

4. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

Hey guys, thanks for the tips! I actually was member of POCI years ago, so I'll be joining again soon.
    Take care!

5. sololobo

sololobo

Need body parts, 47cnvt is parting out a 50 Pontiac tu-door. Feel free to contact him. ~sololobo~

6. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

peeduh, california pontiac restoration has everything, as far as the disc convertion like they said b4 scarebird is the way to go. PM if u need anything else i got 2 50 pontiacs