Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 Chevy Cab Mounts - Need some help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greasemunkee, Apr 8, 2013.

1. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

Looking tp fix the port side gangster lean on my ‘51 Chevy 3100 cab, so looks like I have to do some cab mount work. This one has the two pads up front with the shackles on either side in the rear. Got a few questions for the AD Truck experts.

1. Where is the best place to raise the cab and "take the weight off" the shackles?
    2. Is it better to do it one side at a time, or can both be done at once?
    3. Do i need to pull out the seat to get to the shackle bolts?
    4. Is it necessary to loosen the steering column?

I already got the cab mount kit from LMC, so I'll be starting this as soon as I can figure out how the hell to even get started. The Shop Truck Manual makes this sound incredibly easy, so I'm sure it will be an incredible pain in the ass.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. ...place a 2x6 on your jack about 18"long (or what you can fit) and jack up against the floor to raise the back of the cab, you can do both at once, no need to remove /loosen column, you're just taking the weight off the shackles. I believe all the bolts are under the cab and on the framerails.