Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1951 Chevrolet tin woody wagon project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38zephyr, Jun 21, 2011.

1. intoplanescars

intoplanescars

Just purchased a 51 Chevy Tin Woody that looks to be in similar condition to what you started with. I live near by and would like to see your project if possible. I am thinking about completely stock. Thanks

2. heritic88

heritic88

Dude that thing is awesome I love the early 50s wagons I want one so bad good luck and enjoy it looks awesome

3. achewter

achewter

Need to unload a 51 Wagon. It has been stored indoors for the last 15 years that I know of and probably longer. All the parts are there and it should run and drive with a new bat and fuel. Last ran about 5 years ago. Needs new front floors and has a bit of rust in the rear. Back fenders need a lot of love but other than that she is solid. I roll it in and out of my warehouse every couple of weeks. I really wanted to rebuild this car as it means something to me but time and money are not looking good to me rite now. It has the visor over the windshild and most all of the chrome and trim. Only thing missing that I know of is the rear emblem off the tailgait. Sure would love to see someone bring her back to glory

4. jkane

jkane

I am doing a 52 Tin Woody and need to know where to go for the seat upholstery and the headliner? Did you find the same seat covers asused in the originally?
    Can you give me some direction on what materials to purchase to replicate the wood grain?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

5. jlckmj

jlckmj

Great car, fntastic job, I hope mine turns out half as well.