Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1950's period correct hot rods.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by oldebob, Dec 27, 2009.

1. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

BOB...thank you so much for posting, yea this is a time when our hotrods defined our individual ideas. man it's amazing how the h.a.m.b. hotrods look the same. that's the main reason i joined. some times i hear someone say , it's a streetrod dude! brother most of our rods are on the street. but i tell you plain and clear, if that old huppy can run the 1/4 mile in 12.99 e.t. or less it's a hotrod. and if it can't well it's a streetrod...POP.

2. sololobo

sololobo

Here I am in 1957 at the drag strip in Grand Island, Ne. with my first car a 33 chevy 2-dr sedan, at the cocky age of 14. My Dad and I had put this together a year earlier and I drove it full time from 13 on. Small towns did have some priviledges, legal-no- but no one cared. It was a fun car!! ~Sololobo~ picture is my avatar!!

3. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

Some shots from 1958 at Deer Park drag strip near Spokane. Forgive the quality, I was 14 at the time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
    EVL401, Stogy and dana barlow like this.
  4. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Heres some more pictures of the #00 roadster . 55 to 58 era. Courtesy of Greg Fury. Gary Harms's street car. Dig the tail light assy. As Gary's drag car. As Jack Hordemann's A Modified roadster.

Attached Files:

EVL401 and Stogy like this.
  5. autobilly

autobilly

Great pic!

6. I can't believe there are any non-Bonneville '26-'27 Ts left! Great thread!

7. This must be fake, we all know everybody was covered with tattoos(sepecially the girls) with a pound of grease in their hair.:rolleyes:

8. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

my cousin Jim's 32 out of West Bend Wisconsin

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  9. |Tom|

|Tom|

Awesome thread...

10. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Although I've posted these before, hopefully they fit this thread
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That's me by the rear wheel

[​IMG]
    My parents

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

HellRaiser
    Great shot. Slim

Attached Files:

EVL401, Stogy, dana barlow and 2 others like this.
  12. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

of the 8 million pictures on the HAMB, this may be my favorite. I have it as my computer desktop pic so I'm lookin at it all day. Badass no-nonsense backyard hot rod.

moparob likes this.
  13. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

No skulls or spider webs ? Also lots of shiny paint,It seems the past is what we belive it was,not what it realy was.

14. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

im with you on that. i love this picture

15. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Ah...period correct...all of the guys are wearing their white pants, and matching shirts. If a guy was part of the pit crew, that was S.O.P to wear whites.

16. skywolf

skywolf

17. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Looking at those b&w's you'd never guess that car had cherry red paint on it...it's like watching the old Andy Griffith Show, after a while you start to believe that those people were living in a b & w world.......I think I liked it better then.

18. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

What gets me is how back then everyone tried their best to look sharp. Even if the car were primered, it was at least new primer, and no rusty, half-assed, cobbled stuff. And the guys (like the ones picured above) looked respectable. See anything like this today?

19. Damn, this just reinforces the feelings I've always had that I was born 30 years too late...must have been a great time to be a hot rodder!

20. Lazy 8, 1956 Armory show....

[​IMG][​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I know exactly what you mean man,but for me it's the whole nine yards,the cars,clothes,chicks,music,furniture,architecture and the complete absence of gangsta rap,gangsta-billies and rat kulture.That period in time still exists in glorious black & white and technicolor, in a place in my head I call Finksville, along with a liberal sprinkling of neon, sleaze, and by todays standards, mild delinquency where the '50's ends in '63.My friends and I try to emulate it in our everyday lives, much to the confusion of all the grey people in their soulless silver car,sleepwalking through this soulless,grey rodent race modern day existence seems to have become. I spend as much time in Finksville as possible.
    No poodle skirts allowed.
    Paul.

dana barlow likes this.
  22. Special Ed

Special Ed

Wow...You nailed it. For those of us who lived through it back then, it was a wonderful time to be alive. Thank you for understanding how it actually was, not how many perceive it to have been...:)

23. medicinal_marinara

medicinal_marinara
    from Oregon

What's the story on that Fuelie 6? It looks like a very well crafted motor. What is it? It looks kind of like a 216 Chevy block.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  24. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

That is a great looking 32! I see that you have photoshopped the people out of the background of the pic. Damn that guy that took that pic has a ton of talent :D .

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  25. Bull

Bull

Stogy likes this.
  26. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

the 6 cyl engine is a gmc thuck engine 6 exaustports and 6 intake We used to use them in our dirt round e round cars