Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1950 OLDSMOBILE 88 COUPE

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Ihateoldcars, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Ihateoldcars

Ihateoldcars

City: Longview

State: Washington
    Price: S O L D!
    1950 Oldsmobile 88 Coupe: Original 303 engine, 3-speed transmission, 51,XXX miles, repainted once in mid-'90s, original interior, seats covered with plastic since new, original glass. I bought this Olds from the estate of Jim Donovan of Vancouver, WA in 1995. Jim had an extensive collection that included cars, motorcycles and airplanes. He had his painter repaint it but they never got around to putting it back together before his passing. Along with the car came a lot of NOS trim, chrome, emblems, handles, etc. I took it to Dale Withers of Estacada OR for reassembly. Dale color sanded the paint, put it back together and used all of the NOS stuff that came with it. For example, the front bumper consists of five pieces. All were NOS. The fender spears, rocker moldings, door handles, hood rocket, letters, rocket emblem on trunk, the world emblems and surrounds were all NOS.
    During this time a pair of Fatman dropped spindles were installed along with a new exhaust system, which consists of a single exhaust pipe and a glass-pac. I couldn't bring myself to cut holes in the frame for dual exhaust. It sounds good, has a nice rumble.
    Recently the following work has been done: the original shock absorbers were rebuilt, the original water pump rebuilt, the original heater control valve rebuilt, the front main seal replaced, the original radiator boiled out and checked for leaks (all good, no issues), all rubber bushings replaced in the suspension and the front end aligned.
    The hub caps are from a '53 Olds Fiesta. They are originals, not reproduction, and are very nice. Tires are Coker Classic wide-white radials.
    You can see additional pictures of this Olds in Peter Vincent's book "HOT ROD The Photography of Peter Vincent" (published 2004) on pages 238 & 239. There are seven (7) pictures of it in the book, more than any other car.
    This is a special car, not too many like it around. I would like to see it go to a "good home." Hopefully, the next caretaker will appreciate it as it is and continue to preserve it. I won't say that it's the best one there is but plenty of Olds guys have looked it over and said that they've never seen a better one. For the interested buyer there are a few items that will be included in the sale such as a set of NOS '50 Olds hub caps and a pair of fender skirts, painted but never installed.
    Sorry, but I am not interested in trades and I don't need any help in selling.
    If interested please contact me via email at: [email protected] or by phone at: 360-430-3285. Additional pictures available on request.
    '50 Olds 001.JPG '50 Olds 004.JPG '50 Olds 005.JPG '50 Olds 007.JPG

kidcampbell71, 325w, 40FORDPU and 4 others like this.
  2. Ihateoldcars

Ihateoldcars

Thanks for the inquiries to date. Please call or email for further information.

3. Ihateoldcars

Ihateoldcars

PRICE REDUCED. $41,500.

4. Ihateoldcars

Ihateoldcars

Still available and there's plenty of Summer left to enjoy this exceptional '50 Olds.

5. Ihateoldcars

Ihateoldcars

Here are a few more pictures of my Olds. One clarification; I am not a dealer, not that there's anything wrong with that. The question arises from the second picture above, which was taken in front of my building. My neighbor, KARZ N MORE, is a dealer. I have owned this car since 1995. The third picture below was taken with the engine running, all gauges work as they should. Thanks...
    '50 Olds #3 043.JPG '50 Olds #3 011.JPG '50 Olds #3 023.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Ihateoldcars

Ihateoldcars

SOLD!
    The Olds is going to a new home with a great caretaker.
    Thanks to everyone for your interest and inquiries.