Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 moredoor shoebox completed!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Tom. C, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Tom. C

Tom. C

The motor/Trans is in and I am building the drive shaft tunnel, trans. . I didn't the realize the tail shaft would be above the floor when I got done leveling the carb. Everything I've read says set everything at cars normal ride height. The whole front is off, the car the interior is out and the deck lids off. How can you have the true final stance of the car. I left room in trans support for some later adjustment if needed, I hope this acceptable.

Attached Files:

koolkemp likes this.
  2. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very impressive....especially for a first time.
    I like it a lot !!

3. Tom. C

Tom. C

Finished tacking in transmission and drive shaft tunnel. I had to fab a bracket for the gas pedal and tacked it in, I am hoping their is enough room for ins. and carpet. Do I need to put the fenders and inner fender back on to see if their is any interference with motor? anybody that has put a 302 in a shoebox could save me some time. The weather will be breaking soon and I wont have as much time to work on the car. Thanks for all your help and comments they are much appreciated.

Attached Files:

koolkemp likes this.
  4. Love incorporating the 9MM ammo can into the floor hump.. The SBF motors are so skinny I'd be surprised to find you needed to do any inner fender trimming to clear it. I used a SBC in my coupe so I'm no expert on SBF clearances. I boxed in the ends of my motor mount spacers after this photo was taken. I don't remember needing to alter my inner fenders.
    rockyboxmotor.jpg

5. Tom. C

Tom. C

Thanks for your input Rocky. I thought the inner fenders would be okay,thanks again for second opinion.

6. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Looks like it will be a great driver !

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A Ford in a Ford, awesome.

8. Tom. C

Tom. C

Over the last few weeks these are few things I've been working on. securing front seats, rusty windshield header, slave cylinder issues, deck lid fitment, package tray weld up, welding In cross member where I cut out for oil pan fitment, installed new flywheel. clutch, pplate and through out bearing and garnish molding cut fit and weld up. not real kean on how the through out bearing fits in the clutch fork behind those two springs. Did I do something wrong? If that fork is not positioned perfectly in center where the fork comes out of bell the fork sits crooked.

Attached Files:

9. Tom. C

Tom. C

In the last 2 months I have built a rottiserie, put the body on rotis, put in ranger rear end, wire wheeled
    frame, por on frame and under carriage. This project has taken longer than I expected and now to body work. Hopefully next pictures will be painted car! I got a nice gobbler 2 days ago.

Attached Files:

10. Tom. C

Tom. C

Still have a few bugs to work out but otherwise happy with final look.

Attached Files:

11. RMONTY

RMONTY

You should be happy with the final look! Looks great!

12. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

Now have fun with it.