Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 mercury sbf/aod mount questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodied620, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bodied620

bodied620

Ok fellas... Im a newb on the site... been lurking for years... but i have a couple questions for the fellas that have swapped a sbf/aod into a 50 merc..

I'm building the chassis for my bosses car and as of right now it has a sre mustang II sub-frame kit (not trad... i know) with a 4 link rear and I'm in the process of fitting a 302/aod trans in it... This car will be full air ride so i know the engine/trans will have to be mounted a little higher up... But does anyone have any pics of the motor/trans mounts? I'm having some clearance problems with the small front sump on the pan and the tail shaft at the x frame... I want to retain as much of the x and front cross member as possible...

What issues did you guys run into? and what steps did you guys take to remedy them?

I'm not a new guy to fab work... I have had my hands into many hobbies... Ive built a couple rock crawlers, air ride trucks, and a little drag car stuff...

Once we get a little farther on the project Ill start posting some pics of it... but as of right now there isnt much to show...

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

-Chris

2. Check out my build pics on Area 51 Hope it helps!!!