Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Mercury Bigger Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60chev, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

Hey there, bigger photos of my mercury attached as requested by some of you guys.

Flat head V8 tired, gonna do some custom work, french headlights, french antennas, bubble skirts, suede black with shiney roof.

Just got her registered in Qld, Australia so now legal to cruise until the flat head dies....................... rebuild or repower whats your thoughts????

Attached Files:

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

your merc looks good! where did you end up finding that one? as many as i look at, i missed that one. as much as i love the flatty's, if mine breaks, ill probably drop something in a little more modern like a 302 with some traditional styling if possible. its nice to drive to the autoparts store get parts when you need them..

3. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

the car came out baltimore originally out of texas no rust in floors or rails but someones had a go at fixing the body its harder to find flathead stuff here so was thinking if she dies then maybe late model 351 or 302 wheres your merc heading

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Eynesbury. where ever that is..West of Melbourne i think? yep i was figuring a little 3x2 set up for a SBF and some neat valve covers would be just fine for me..Well the hard part is done, you've got the merc through customs, everything else is cake!

5. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

i dont no about the custom work but should be plain sailing from here

6. Nice car keep us posted.

7. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Keep the flathead. because parts are harder to get over there, that makes it more desirable right? just my 2 cents

8. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Nice merc, I like the bubble shirts

9. 302 and a C4 should be just fine. I like that interior.
    I've been waiting for my motor to die for 6yrs,hahaha! Even bought another 351 Clevelend!