Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Buick Trunk Lid on a 1953 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Schrauberlehrling, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Hey HAMBers!

I just want to remove the "hump" on the Trunk Lid of my ´53 Buick. A few weeks ago I´ve seen a ´53 with a ´50 Buick Lid and it looks perfect!

Does anyone know if i could replace the Lids without cuting and welding?

Thanks for help!

Martin

2. padorey

padorey

I put a '51 '52 trunk on my '53 Super, I belive the '50 will also work. A Special will not work on a Super or Roadmaster. What Model do you have?

Attached Files:

3. padorey

padorey

P.S. Its a bolt on. No modifications.

4. john walker

john walker

i put one on my '53 skylark, looked at it for a couple of weeks, and it didn't click with me. back to stock.

5. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Buick Deck Lids,
    If it's a 50 it should bolt on, Has to be Super,Riv,or Roadmaster. I have a 1952 Super Riv 2 door hard top and put a 50 deck lid on! It has more curve and round slope than the stock 52.
    :rolleyes:Looking to sell my 1952 Buick (Visalia California), if interested send me a pm and I can send pics. It has the side stainless!

6. I have a Super 2door ht.

@padorey: That´s the pic if´ve seen! :) Looks great! But your lid is from a Riv right?
    A friend of mine owns a ´52 2 Door sedan and i think that it looks different.

Does anyone sell a lid for me? :)

7. padorey

padorey

Yes it is off a Riv. But one off a sedan should fit a later sedan. Do a model for model swap.

Good luck

8. fryguy

fryguy

Will a '50 Special fit a '53 Special or does the interchange only work on the bigger Super/Roadmasters? For some reason I thought the Special and the Super were the same platform and the Roadmaster was the bigger series.

Fryguy

9. fryguy

fryguy

Also, on a kinda side note. If the earlier 50's buick deck lids interchange would also the Olds trunks swap out as well? Say a 51 Olds 88 would work on a 53 Special or '52 Olds 98 would work on a '53 Buick Roadmaster. This would kind of expand the resources available.